Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 03-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Yeah, krazylime brought this whelping thread up and is asking her own questions so we're answering them.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:37 PM
yuki :D

no i havent breed dogs in the past. The mother eskies came from an uncle of mine who was breeding them, and he gave his dogs the best he could.He ran into some problems and He came to live with us after and he brought his female dog and we ended up keeping her.
yuki's a shitzu mix , and i just thought she has great temperment and is friendly and maybe pass the traits? anyways it hasnt been decided. I've read all the stuff about to breed or not to breed etc. it will be a long time before that happens, but i understand how everyone feels about breeding! if i decide to breed ill be responsible! i've been researching alot and asking people who have had puppies etc. thanks everyone ^_^ i think i posted in the wrong thread @_@
Old 03-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

That's Ok. .... I was confused !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 03-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazylime View Post
if i decide to breed ill be responsible!
But you couldn't be.

I'm glad you are doing your research, but you won't be helping the gene pools and the responsible breeders out there if you decided to breed Yuki. I would spay.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazylime View Post
no i havent breed dogs in the past. The mother eskies came from an uncle of mine who was breeding them, and he gave his dogs the best he could.He ran into some problems and He came to live with us after and he brought his female dog and we ended up keeping her.
yuki's a shitzu mix , and i just thought she has great temperment and is friendly and maybe pass the traits? anyways it hasnt been decided. I've read all the stuff about to breed or not to breed etc. it will be a long time before that happens, but i understand how everyone feels about breeding! if i decide to breed ill be responsible! i've been researching alot and asking people who have had puppies etc. thanks everyone ^_^ i think i posted in the wrong thread @_@
If you plan on waiting a REALLY long time before you breed then I suggest you read about pyometra as a female left intact for a long time faces this as a true risk and possibility.

The only responsible thing to do with a mixed breed dog is to spay her. There is no such thing as responsibly breeding mixes.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:43 AM
yuki :D

I just researched on breeding mixed breeds. I guess i wont breed her than if shes mixed @_@. i guess its good to mix pure breds but not mixed breeds?
thanks for letting me know!! i never new that breeding mixed breeds was bad @_@
Old 03-23-2007, 01:07 AM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

It's not good nor responsible to do either. Good breeders do not produce mutts.. and breeding 2 purebreds that are different together creates mutts just like using already mix bred dogs.

I am glad you are taking time to research though, that's awesome.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground