Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-01-2009, 11:37 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I am not cranky about any of it. I saw a sweet photo and thought i would share. The forum was slow and i was looking for something interesting. I thought possibly there were people out there that might like to see or share ones that they like. I was interested to see theres if they wished to share. IF your not one of those, then fine for you. ANd fine for me. I started this thread to do something light and pleasant. Something that i found enjoyable. IF you do not find it enjoyable it is a big forum, you can go look at your pics with your narrative groovy. I don't need a narrative, to see a lovely dog and enjoy seeing them grow up. I do enjoy the pics here. in this section. I also enjoy seeing them in the gallery and feel that a lot of people miss out on a good opportunity.

Last night i went back and visited photos of members i cared a great deal about that for one reason or another are not here with us anymore. I like remembering them. THe gallery gives me that opportunity because i saved their pics in "my favorites".

Scob brought up an excellent point that i was not aware of. He put forth some helpful constructive criticism about what could be changed to improve. SInce i am doing a sculpture of his dog this winter it would be easier for me if i could just go to his gallery then to have to sort through pms and find old threads. I find my gallery helpful for the same reason, it is a quick and easy access.

ANother person brought up the fact that they didn't like the scoring, i don't really either. SO bringing that up may be helpful to those that run the forum.

YOu state...i do not like to look at dogs that i do not have a story with. Ok .Good for you. DOn't look. I didn't make the thread for you if that is the case. BUt i will bet there is at least one person that did smile when they saw Katkooka and the poodle (those expressions will have to show up in my work somewhere..they look like they are sneaking into the circus), or Sweet Pea or those beyond gorgous puppies. I found out some kinks that were making the gallery hard to use. SO that makes this a successful thread, even if it does nothing for you. THat was my only intention.

Why it is necessary for you to make this personal is beyond me. I do not call you cranky, nor send hateful pms. IT is a rediculous thing to drag over the coals.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,

Last edited by smkie; 01-01-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Felurian

Remember these, Smkie? http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/sh...puser=190&sl=t

http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/sh...user=5220&sl=t

I looked for Torizmojo and didn't find her pictures either. Even ran a search on her posts and although the stats say 23, got only 1.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-01-2009, 12:03 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

THats a huge loss, i can still see them in my mind. I think their gallery was my up most favorite of all. Guess i will feel lucky that i got to see them at all. Mojo's head resting on the baby, all the dogs lined up, the little girl signing to the deaf dane was priceless.

I tried searching, i even went back and viewed old pages where i thought they might be. sighs.

I saw Toby's last night and wondered how thing turned out. THe two dogs looking through the fence might make a good sculpture too. I want to work on one before spring to enter in the compitition at the DOg SHow in Kansas.
I have one idea sound and down, but am still keeping the options open.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 01-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post

Why it is necessary for you to make this personal is beyond me. I do not call you cranky, nor send hateful pms. IT is a rediculous thing to drag over the coals.
I think you may be reading more into the posts than is there. I don't think anyone is making it personal except you. I did say I was glad that you enjoyed them after the people had gone. I found that sweet. Not all things are negative.

Like any thread its a conversation. Maybe some people want to talk about it saying they like to know who they are looking at, that shouldn't in any way affect your enjoyment of the pics. I did look at the pics (never even realized the gallery was there!) but found I wanted to know more and found it frustrating. I never would have tried looking if you hadn't made the thread! So that was a good thing.

I dont' think all threads must accomplish things (or at least I hope not or some of us are sooooo screwed) And once again not all things are they way you seem to read them. My PM to you certianly wan't hateful. I was a bit hurt.. but not hateful (though I dont' know you may be talking about others)

Try not to see the negativity. I am TRULY glad you made this thread.. I did look at the pics you linked too. I do hope you and others enjoy it (and said that before) If you look for negativity you will find it. If you look to try to see what people mean you will find a lot more.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:15 PM
overdogged

to be honest, i've never been to the gallery. i, too, enjoy seeing pics posted in threads along with the stories behind them. *shrug*
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 01-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scob89 View Post
Plus more little ones.

I had pics of them when they where still little, but those got lost when my hard drive crashed.
That's one of the reasons Chaz created the gallery. He lost most of his pics of his Chaz and he wanted people to have a place to save those memories

Oh, and you can post pics to a thread from the gallery. I do it all the time!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 01-01-2009, 12:26 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

DEkka
WHen you ask someone "what their problem is" when they dont' have one..and you ask me why I have to be so miserable all the time, that other people don't find me "so bad" you are not exactly being cordial. THat is insulting, and i do not like to drag personal feelings out to the whole world but you keep bringing it up, making it personal, and i don't know why.

My whole point of the thread was to put some focus on the gallery. I certainly didn't need this drama this morning.

REnee i remember reading that was why CHazhound started the gallery. And i have always been grateful.

Scob sorry you lost yours. I had a fire and lost a lot of pics of dogs i had early on, its a real shame.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 01-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
WHen you ask someone "what their problem is" when they dont' have one..and you ask me why they have to be so miserable all the time, that other people don't find me "so bad" you are not exactly being cordial. THat is insulting, and i do not like to drag personal feelings out to the whole world but you keep bringing it up, making it personal, and i don't know why.

My whole point of the thread was to put some focus on the gallery. I certainly didn't need this drama this morning.
Ermmm because you did....
Old 01-01-2009, 12:32 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

in your opinion Jess. NOt in mine.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 01-01-2009, 12:34 PM
DILLIGAF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Oh, and you can post pics to a thread from the gallery. I do it all the time!
Yeah, but I don't want to wait more than 10 days to post a thread while waiting for the pic to be appered. I'll take DropBox over that anyday.