Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 12-31-2008, 11:52 PM
Just try me..

oh I am sure some people do just love looking at random dogs... But there are people who haven't posted or were gone before I came.. so while they may be chaz dogs I know nothing of them, their owners (aka the backstory) so I don't really connect.

But I am glad there are people who do enjoy it since people have obviously taken the time to put the pics up there.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:54 PM
Lord Cynical

I've submitted photos to the gallery before, but they never show up. I never liked the lag time, I'd rather have my photos show up right away.

I use photobucket - I can imbed my photos directly into my posts instead of adding links, and it's reassuring to have my photos stored in an account that is registered to me and paid for by me. True, I use photobucket, but at least I have some ownership to my photos on a Photobucket account... whereas in the chazhound gallery, they become part of the Chazhound site.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 12-31-2008, 11:59 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I have RD's in my favorites. I wish she had more in there but still there is dakota's baby pictures and some nice shots of EVe. I have REnee and BArb's in my favs. I started in teh beginning because i needed references for a painting i was doing. Now i just find i like to visit when i feel like it. THere is nothing random about it, these are Chazhound dogs..and ones that i care a lot about. EVen if the poster isnt' around anymore, it doesnt' change how i feel about the dog or dogs.

YOuv'e made it clear Dekka it isnt' your cup of tea but it might be somebody else's.

Unless i saved directly to my computer having them on photobucket is useless...once the thread is history it is too hard to look up. I really wish Kase would make one and Grammy as well.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 01-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Just try me..

Sorry for making conversation and being glad that you enjoy it. Sorry for being happy for the people that you are still looking at their pics and someone is appreciating them.

Jeash... why bother posting in your threads if you are going to attack what ever I say, be it nice or not.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:04 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

REnee do you remember the pics that had the deaf dane, an old dog like mary, the blind and deaf aussie...the blonde girls? I could have sworn it was torez mojo and i have no idea how i lost the link out of my favorites but i would love to have it back again if you know it.

I fell head over heels in love with Max on this photo alone.
http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/sh...37&ppuser=1890

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 01-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Lord Cynical

Photos hosted on Flickr, Photobucket, etc. and posted in threads are Chaz dogs too... different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I like seeing photo threads, because I like the stories they tell. Instead of being just a photo, I get to see a part of someone's day. Like in Baxter's new thread, I got to see the huge amount of snow they got, and then how the dogs reacted to the snow, played in the snow, etc. I really enjoy the "storytelling" aspect of "real time" photography on the forum.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:07 AM
DILLIGAF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleDog View Post
I've submitted photos to the gallery before, but they never show up. I never liked the lag time, I'd rather have my photos show up right away.

Bingo, There are very little people that post to the gallery now and I beleieve this is why.

10+ days is too long to wait when it can be instant on another site.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:08 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

WEll maybe that is something that should be brought up to attention. I would visit your peacock babies, they were awesome.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 01-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
10+ days is too long to wait when it can be instant on another site.
I'm thinking the same thing. I wonder if the people who use the gallery are mostly mods, whose photos apparently appear instantly. For us non-mods, we have to wait for days for our photos to be deemed worthy and appropriate for the gallery. This may give some insight into why more people use other image hosting options.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:11 AM
DILLIGAF?

Back when I still used the gallery I know there was a size limit that a member could upload, I remember it being kinda small too. I have way too many pictures now and if there is the same limit then I know I would not be able to post them all.