Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Active Pup

My dog had Epilepsy and it was so sad for me to watch him and to hold him... After a seizure he wasn't himself anymore. He didn't where or what he was or who I was. It broke my heart but we decided it is best for him to pt him to sleep and keep all the happy memories of a very proud dog! He was 9. On the other hand - our family cat turned 23 and she had Epilepsy as well... I think the most important thing is that, if you decide to give tablets, to never be late or even forget one!!!!!!!! That will make things much worse for your doggie...
Old 01-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Big Dog

This is one terrible terrible disease my dog had lost all and everything after siezures.. mind soul and of course proper use of bodily functions..

It killed me to watch the dog sieze as to me he was suffering..I takes a big heart to do the right thing by the dogs...I would never allow another dog suffer like that again.. Once the meds stop working its time to do the best thing and allow the suffering to stop.. Good luck with your dog I know how hard this is on you and your whole family...