Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-08-2005, 08:50 AM
h2304

Default My dog keeps being gay.

I have 2 yellow labs, female, and somtimes they mount each other. Are they gay or are they just confused?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Felurian

They're most likely just jockeying for position. Shiva tries that with Kharma whenever it crosses her mind that Kharma's on her way to being bigger and has a little more moxy. Kharma used to put up with it, but now she turns around and snarls her lip up at Shiva. It's just one of those 'dog' things, lol.

Are your girls spayed? If not, they will also do it when they're coming into season. Out here on a cattle farm it's called "bulling" as the cows will do it when one is coming into season - the one coming in does it, and the others do it to her.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-08-2005, 09:01 AM
h2304

Well they are spayed but shoudnt they have no sexual resonses? Also my male Dachshund tries to sniff the labs everyday to see if they are in season. Should I mate him to git rid of this behavor?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:07 AM
owned by our dogs

Default re

Lol i dont know if your dogs are gay ,but i have these probs to ,i have two dogs and one female ,my white dog will try to mount the female ,then he will move onto my other dog, but also now and again my red and white dog will try to mount my white dog after comeing home from a walk ..

But it dont stop there i have seen my female mount my dogs and do the mateing actions of a male dog

People have said that dogs dont have sex for pleasure,but i beg to differ because if i left my white dog to it he would be at it all day and i just consider him a total sex pest (but at least he dont try to mount any humans leg that walks into our house) none of them try to mount other dogs that they meet when in parks etc.....

I would love to here if there is a cure for my dogs over powering sex habbits ive asked a few vets and they have not yet given me answer they look at me like im a bit mad lol.......

Ive just had to edit my post for spelling and when doing so where i had wrote the word (b/ i /t /c/ h) which is know in the dog world as a female dog , it was all stared out like this ***** is the word (b /i /t /c /h) now a swear word , i find this strange because after all this forum is about dogs

Last edited by doggedouthouse; 08-08-2005 at 09:14 AM. Reason: because they would not let use real words
Old 08-08-2005, 09:10 AM
h2304

I wonder what are supermodels to dogs, poodles?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Felurian

Nonononono! You don't mate a dog to get rid of that behaviour - you neuter a dog Mating him would only make it infinitely worse, and we won't even get into all the issues of being responsible about breeding.

Chances are your Dachsie is just sniffing because that's what dogs do. The mounting your females are doing has nothing at all to do with sexual responses - that's more of a jockeying for position behaviour than anything else, especially between two spayed females.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-08-2005, 09:13 AM
Top Dog

Well said Renee
My females will mount and hump if they feel one of the other dogs is "getting out of line". Of course, when my intact female starts coming into season, both my females mount her at the first signs of coming into season.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:13 AM
h2304

So it justs to show whose boss.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:19 AM
owned by our dogs

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Nonononono! You don't mate a dog to get rid of that behaviour - you neuter a dog Mating him would only make it infinitely worse,
but all my dogs are neutered ,any ideas anyone ?

Old 08-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Show Dog

Our puppies were neutered at about 9 weeks, they are 12 weeks now and Jedi is constantly trying to mount Daisy. He actually tried to mount my 4 yr. old son. My son was on all fours and said "Mom, look I'm giving Jedi a piggy back ride" and I almost fell over when I looked up and saw what was going on. It was too funny for the kids but I did explain to them that we can't give anymore "piggy back" rides b/c then Jedi will think that he's the boss...