Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-07-2009, 08:26 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I use to baby sit a little girl named Mary. SHe told me she wished i was her mother and you have no idea how i wished that too. HEr mother was not in the picture and had been abusive. SHe was a sweet and kind and good natured little girl. WHen My old girl was born I named her after this child. SHe has grown up fitting the name to a t.

My Mother named Victor. She seemed determined to find the right name and said he needed something noble. How she could see something noble in that flailing leggy skinny mess of a pup was beyond me. BUt she was our puppysitter and i thought if she named him maybe she would like him more. SHe was right in his needing a noble name. IT took me awhile to get use to, but i can't imagine him named anything else now.

My son's girlfriend named Pepper. I didn't think she was going to be staying and Pepper seemed as good a name as any. ENded up being just the right one too! Bell Peppertini pepperppot Dr Pepper has earned them all.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 07-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Top Dog

Kota's full name is Kota Blue Storm.

Originally we named her LaKota after the black stripes on her face that looks like war paint along her eyes. But I shortened it to Kota. Blue Storm comes from her sire and dam.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Active Pup

Wow, a lot of great names here! We aren't very original here when it comes to dog names. We named our Shih Tzu Patches, because of well.... he had patches. It's too bad that as he grew, the patches all blended together into a patch, lol.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Top Dog

The majority of ours are dobermans, and my boy is named Wrangler because I drive a Jeep Wrangler and he rides with me.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

We named our dog Ngai (RIP) because she would follow our huge dog around, trying to to whatever he did. No matter what it was. Ngai stands for Never Gives An Inch. If he growled at her, she would back off a little, then continue whatever she was doing.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Active Pup

Thumbs up

And when i had a dog its name was Google! Yeah, i know what can you think about me, but let me explain. I just wanted to watch the reaction of other people when i gave to my dog command: "Google, search!" Should i say people were mostly embarassed?
Old 07-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Top Dog

Midnite is named that because she is black. Yeah I know original but I was 9 years old when I got her so cut me some slack!

As for Hannah my BF and I were looking through names on the internet. She was such a quiet pup at first because we didn't realize she was one very sick pup. So we decided on Hannah because I knew a girl back in elementary school named Hannah and she was very quiet too. If only we knew how wild she would become we would have named her Spaz!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Active Pup

Aw cute I just named my dog boggie after humphrey bogart. it was his bday yesterday...we had a party and i bought him a wicker dog bed
Old 08-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Big Dog

Default I like that

Well my first pet was named Cyrus who have died couple of months ago. Now my new pet who happens to be a chihuahua is Ciara. I don't know if I spelled it correctly but that was the name that was written on her passport. I'm an avid fan of smallville so she's a girl and i already name my cousins pets as louis and lana... ehehehehe.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Top Dog

I did not change Lola's name when I adopted her because she already knew her name and quite frankly I could not have found another name that fits her.

Can someone please kill this flea before it jumps on Lola