Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Puppy Dog

I named Apollo after the Greek god even though Apollo was a male and my dog Apollo was a female. I named Dylan after the singer Bob Dylan. I named Tramp after the movie Lady and the Tramp.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Top Dog

When Jag first went to the Humane Society, his name was Max. THEY changed it because they had just had a Max recently and didn't want to get all mixed up (that and he just is NOT a Max). They changed it to Jag because whenever they let him out of his 'kennel' (the bathroom) or let him out in the yard, he was just "jag" around. So they named him Jag. I wanted to change it, but the whole family couldn't agree on anything, so we just kept Jag.

Every name I could come up for Chester just did NOT suite him. My brother saw him, and immediately said "Chester. Or Charles, but I like Chester better." I looked at him, and said, "You're right. He's a Chester." He got the inspiration from Chester the Pug (you can look him up on YouTube. His 'dad' does a whole huge series on him and Charles, his two pugs, and writes/makes/records his own music for it. They're a huge hit, and absolutely adorable). Chester is just so incredibly goofy that he needed a goofy name. I had been calling him "Baby" all day for lack of a better term, and it seemed to calm him down.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:01 AM
rangersmom

Default Why is your Pet named?

Ranger is my beloved viszla. I went to pick him up at the breeder's some two hours from home with my kids. We had a crate in the back for him and on the way home we were still discussing names and my two sons kept suggesting various rapper type names that I did not relish having to call while in our small town. I leaned behind to look at my poor unnamed beauty at was hoping for divine intervention and saw the brand of the crate was Ranger. What a perfect name boys" We will call him Ranger" They loved it and thought it was great!
Old 03-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Top Dog

Ivans litter theme was colors so his registered name had to have a color in it. I couldn't figure out how to work shadow in his name so he became Highlands Seeing in Blk & Wht. I have no idea what possesed me to have his call name Ivan. I pay for that every day with Ivan the terrible.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Big Dog

I just liked the sound of Val and I thought it would be a good name for such a brave puppy boy! Aussies are excellent watchdogs.

I gave him the name of Thunder Snow - Val Thunder Snow, because the day after we brought him home we had a few inches of snow that came with thunder, a rare natural phenomenon.

I was going to name him Valentinius Tonitrus Nix...Val Thunder Snow in Latin, but I figured that English would be a little easier all the way around.

He got his AKC papers yesterday! Congrats to Val, he's official!

Old 04-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Puppy Dog

It is very interesting to read meaning behind the names.
My dog name is Palette.In fact,my husband laughed at me when I said I would like to call my dog Palette because he was thinking Palette to put products on.
In my mind,Palette came to my mind because she is such a small body but she has many personality like artist Palette,plus fur is tri color and it is like white brown black blend in on some place like artist Palette.So,she got her name Palette from those thoughts. Problem is that vet tech or vet receptionists at counter sometimes have hardtime figuring out how to pronounce the name. some call her as if she is French dog by putting accent on last syllable like paLette. Our neighbor call her like that too although real pronunciation/accent is PAlette. That is ok by Palette. She responds to both.

She has nick name too.We call her "Pal-pal" or "Pal" or "Palette".She responds to all. Now my husbands say there is no other name that sounds right to his ears for our dog:-P
http://yassysgdk.com
Old 04-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Active Pup

Default Roxy and Trigger

I found the dogs on my back porch one day while making coffee. So, since I found the dogs, I let my boyfriend pick out the names. And Roxy and Trigger is what he came up with. Not too bad for a guy.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Active Pup

my dog name is honey,really it looks like honey as sweet,i had enjoyed a lot playing with honey
Old 04-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Active Pup

My parents called my first Zaphod after the President of the Galaxy in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Puppy Dog

Well Roly was named Roly because I was about 10 years old, and Lady was named Lady because I was about 13 and mum decided she was going to name her after an old dog she used to have.
I admit, they really arnt names im found of when I think of it. Haha.