Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-12-2009, 03:30 AM
Active Pup

I had a special pit girl name Pebbles my wife named here cause she said her brindle pattern reminds her of a bunch of pebbles so it stuck so when I lost here it hurt me alot couldn't forget her and finally one day i got my pit bull and we named him Bam Bam so I had pebbles and Bam Bam like the Flinstones haha. He is a really good boy love him to death but, I will never forget her she was a special girl
Old 02-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Original Twin

Saga was named in honor of Iceland. My ex and I had gone there on a trip about 6months before we brought her home. The Icelandic are REALLY into their sagas and there are many things that are named Saga something, we even stayed at the Hotel Saga. About a month before we got Soggy dog, I broached getting another dog to Ryan and suggested Saga as a name. I was being subversive, because NOW future dog had an actual name and was less of a concept. Heee.

When I went to the shelter and saw the dog formerlly known as Shiloh, I said Saga and her ears perked up and she trotted right over. Fortunately, the name suits her.

Her ILP name is "Riecor's Rainy Day Saga", which also suits her as it was raining when we brought her home
Old 03-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Active Pup

Hannah means "flower" in Japanese I believe.... though I honestly forget which language. She was so pretty and so dainty and seriously needed to heal and I needed to heal and I thought we could help each other.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Active Pup

What a neat thread (hint, I'm new)! We just got a Goldendoodle a few months ago. He's now 8 months and we named him Apollo. My husband wanted a Greek name - not sure why - and he wanted it to mean something. We chose Apollo because he was the god of sun and light (we live in Arizona) and truth and prophecy.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:00 AM
Very Food Agressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukha11 View Post
Hannah means "flower" in Japanese I believe.... though I honestly forget which language. She was so pretty and so dainty and seriously needed to heal and I needed to heal and I thought we could help each other.
Yes, Hana does mean flower in Japanese. It's a pretty name and I've considered Americanizing it for my future daughter.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Big Dog

When I brought Lucy home my husband named her even though I wanted to name her Emma.
With Koda, I had known a pair of dogs named Bear and Koda. In my mind I thought Koda meant bear and when she was 9 weeks old she looked like a little bear cub, the name Koda just stuck.
With our cat, Isabel, I just loved the name and would have named our future kid that but we didn't know if there were any other kids in our future.
The dog we are getting in a few weeks is named Ruby. I got her as a present for my mom 10 years ago and we had the hardest time naming her. We had her weeks before my mom chose the name Ruby.

This is a great topic by the way!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Puppy Dog

We got Silver when she was 7 weeks old. She is a black lab/husky mix, that looks exactly like a black lab, except for a small white line on her chest, hence, Silver lining.

The breeder named him Hercules for being the biggest of the bunch of Huskies, so we named him Brut. He has lived up to the name!

We have 4 pups from a litter of pups from Brut and Silver:

Zappa and Fiona after two of our favorite singers, which we picked out before they were born; Frank Zappa and Fiona Apple

The two other pups were returned back to us. Blaze was orignally named for the white blaze down her nose, the new owners changed it and after we got her back, we changed it back to Blaze and she always responded to it. And we kept Chance's name finding it very fitting we were given a second blessed chance with him.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:42 AM
My Master

Lacey was named after a my moms good friends Coyote she had. It was her husbands dog whom she turned to the pound after he passed because she didnt trust anyone but me and him. Unfortunately i was still living with my mom at the time and my mom said NO WAY. When her friend realized the mistake she made, she went back but Lacey was already adopted I can only pray she went to a good home. I loved her so much, and we had such a connection. Ill never ever forget her. My first girl when i moved out was named Lacey.

Buddy we found, never found the owners. We couldnt think of a name but kept saying "hey buddy". It stuck..and he caught on super quick. It actually wouldnt surprise me if it was his name originally.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Active Pup

It had to be Bungle as he is so clumsy!

Andy
Old 03-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Top Dog

The Newf's were already named by the breeder as she picked their call names. We didn't get the Newf's until they finished their show career. My Rottweiler Athena when I rescued her her name was zena...the name Athena rhymed and I love that name. Beau my Dobe mix, I rescued him off the side of the road malnourished and starved so I took him immediatly to the vet. While I was waiting I was looking through a dogs in canada book and the name Beau jumped out at me. That's what I put on his file and I decided to keep him as no one claimed him. Chance was rescued by my brother after a girl saved a litter of pups from a farmer neighbor who was going to drown the entire litter. So, Chance was a basically given as it was by chance we got her LOL and I don;t like the name lucky! LOL