Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-15-2014, 08:35 AM
Got Floof?

Kobe came as Kobe from the rescue. My incredible lack of cleverness when it comes to name is well noted. Haha.

Syl is the first dog I ever named on my own. I named her Sylphrena, from the book series by Brandon Sanderson, The Stormlight Archive.

Minor spoilers from Way of Kings ahead:

Quote:
I'm behind what is happening to you. I'm doing it. It's both of us. But without me, nothing would be changing in you. I'm . . . taking something from you. And giving something in return. It's the way it used to work, though I can't remember how or when. I just know that it was. I'm willing to stop it, if you want. But I would go back to being as I was before. That scares me. Floating on the wind, never remembering anything for longer than a few minutes. It's because of this tie between us that I can think again, that I can remember what and who I am. If we end it, I lose that.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Always in my heart, my Ollie
Always by my side, Priscilla vom Grunenfeld

Old 03-07-2014, 01:29 AM
Active Pup

I named one of my dogs Whisky - originally I'm from Scotland and the dog - a retired greyhound - was whisky in colour. Another dog I named Eva which arises from a girlfriend that I had many years ago and I loved her very much (I don't tell the wife, of course ). And yet another dog I named Ayr after the town on the west coast of Scotland. I have very many fond memories of college life there.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Thread Killer

When I was in college I had a "brilliant" idea one night to have a menagerie named after booze. I had a parakeet named Buddy and said i was going to get another one named Wiser, and cats named Captain and Morgan. And someone said that a pit bull named Jager would fit.

A few years later when I went to the shelter, I wanted a German Shepherd puppy, but a lab hound mix picked me, and since Jaeger is German for hunter, and he's a mix of hunting dogs, it stuck. His full name is Jaegermeister Meisterjaeger. He responds to lots of things though.

Keeping with the booze theme, I had a cat named SoCo and a bunny named Bacardi. My husband named all his animals after tertiary Simpsons characters, so when we got our fat tailed African Gecko, we named him the only appropriate choice - Duff.

Then Mo, his cat, got pregnant. We had a friend who was insistent we named one of the kittens after her, so we named one combining her and her husbands names Rick & Kerri - Kirerri. The other kitten we named Lana after the character in the show Archer - she is mostly black and had massive paws when she was a baby.

Our new puppy's name will be Baelfire (Bae) after the character in Once upon a time, and sort of after the MTG card Balefire Dragon.

I like a bit of mongrel myself, whether it's a man or a dog; they're the best for everyday. ~George Bernard Shaw

Jaeger, Mo, Lana, Kiki, Duff