Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Big Dog

I named Rocky when I was 10, and because he is salt & pepper Schnauzer I thought it fitted him perfectly, though I don't really like the name now, I feel is too common for salt&peppers to have that name LOL.

And Skye, he's not home yet, but I love the outdoors and laying outside just watching the sky, it really calms me, and this dog is basically a blessing in my life, plus he has blue eyes. I really like his name.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Active Pup

My dog name is tiger. I chosen this name for him i love tigers and lion. He was height ed, perfectly slim, beautiful. loved him. But he died last year :'(
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 PM
SBT Lover!!

Saxon came to me in a dream. Everything from his appearance to his name. My grandfather died in January of 2011. The night after his funeral I had a dream the he had gotten a puppy named Saxon two weeks before he died and, knowing that I was an animal lover, he left the puppy to me in his will. A few weeks after I had the dream I was browsing the local online classifieds for a Pit Bull or AmStaff. I answered an ad for an "English Staffordshire Terrier." I emailed back and forth with the person, researched the breed and, after already deciding to go and see the dog, I asked for them to send me some pictures. I was stunned. The dog in their pictures looked almost exactly like the dog in my dream, the only difference was the dog in my dream had a patch over both eyes. That was it for me, I had found my dog, I had found Saxon.

Later I was rewatching my favorite movie, Hot Fuzz, and realized the dog in the movie's name is Saxon! I guess that's how the name snuck into my subconscious. Funnily enough, Saxon looks at the TV everytime they call the dog in the movie!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

Kodak came with his name it fits him though.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 10-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Top Dog

My Doberman was named Jessica (from the Jessica of American idol). However, the dog now goes by the name "Pandog". Xian, my two year old nephew gave the dog its new name. What is quite funny is that the boy also changed his name. He now answers to the name "Xiandog."
Old 10-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Active Pup

I find the name Kuchie interesting that is why I gave her this name and since she is just little and cute.Now, we can't wait to give her birth and have more puppies.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:22 AM
Top Dog

Penny and Malyk were both named by their previous owners.

I had the name Chevelle picked out for my female pit bull long before I actually got her. And when we did get her... It just fit! And I was so happy about that.

Baloo, I was originally going to name Zeppelin. But when we first got him, I watched The Jungle Book, and when I looked at him and asked him if he wanted to be named "Baloo" instead, he perked up. So, that is what he was named.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 10-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Big Dog

Joxer The Mighty Master Of Mayhem was named after a character on Xena. Patrick Starr was named after the Spongebob character (it's fits him!). Minnie was named after Minerva McGonagall who is one of my favorite Harry Potter characters. Dash was named that for two reasons, one we got him right around Christmas and I knew being a Boxer puppy that he would take after Dashiell Robert Parr from the Incredibles. Fergus is a redhead that we got right around St. Patrick's Day so his full name is Sir Fergus of Bravo.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:49 AM
Active Pup

Our dog's names are Jorge and Timmy. Our little boy was the one who chose these names.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Top Dog

I wasn't present when my husband named Charlotte, but was told she was given the name by a train hopping clown, lol.

Ma'ii (Muh-ee) was named after the Navajo coyote spirit, for various reasons.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb