Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Active Pup

When I had first spoken to the people who were rehoming Ida her name was Angel. My parents already have an Angel so we needed a name change.

She was outside all her life and had little attention from anyone so we named her Ida meaning "Strength/Strong"

It felt right ^^
Old 04-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Active Pup

I found the name Chochma in a fantasy book called the Tower of Geburah by John White that I read in high school. I later learned it means wisdom in Hebrew and wanted use it for a name when I got my own dog - my plan was a chocolate lab.
Chochma is a springer-lab mix and is white with a black mask and black spots, but the name is fitting for her.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Top Dog

I don't think I have replied to this...

Todd was named that when we got him. I didn't actually like it at first, but when we got him home, it suited him perfectly!

Lucy was simply a name I really liked. I also liked Megan/Meg and Miley for her.

Katy was my Dad's choice. He always wanted to call me Katie and my Mum outvoted him, so I became Sarah. I just changed the spelling of Katie to Katy, so it went with Lucy.

My Photos
Old 05-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Blackout

Katalin; Pronounced Cot-al-lin or Cot-a-lina in Hungarian.

First off it matches her ancestry, and she has a handful of namesakes...

St Catherine of Alexandria
Catherine of Aragon
Catherine the Great
And on top of that I had a relative named Catherine too...
Old 05-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Active Pup

My dog's name is Rocky and we choose this name because he looks like Rocky by wearing his hoodies.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Active Pup

Corey came into my office with a Humane Society officer as a 6 month old with a severe skin infection. He was diagnosed with mange and was scheduled to be euthanized if someone didn't claim him because the shelter didn't want to pay for his treatment. I fell in love with him at first sight and had a dream about him that night. In my dream I called him Corey, so the next day I went to the Humane Society and adopted him and his name became Corey.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:23 AM
Kaydee

AHS had named her Jamie, perhaps her former family? No background info so who knows??? I really loved the music group The Band and alot of names in their music. One of their classics is "Opheila". That's on Sophie's tags and records but the kids said it was too hard to yell. So somehow it evolved to Sophie. Pookins as a nickname because she can look fierce but there's a maltese hiding inside.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Active Pup

Default LuLu

Lu has golden eyes with brown flecks...like my Grandmother. Well...Gran's first name was Florence, and I couldn't bring myself to name her that. Her middle name began with Lu...my given name begins with Lu...and Mom's middle name begins with Lu...so...she became LuLu. Her rescue name was Kelly...I didn't much like that one for her.

I don't know what the new puppy's name will be yet...he/she will tell me when he/she comes home.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Puppy Dog

Chachop was named after "Chopper" one of my favorite characters in One Piece.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Salsa dancing wiggle butt

My poor boy had every name under the sun before we finally settled on Bear. His shelter name was Tank (that did NOT sit well with my mom who associates tanks with the Soviets rolling into her motherland as a kid ), and I really wanted to name him Tingri. LONG story short, I fell in love with a dog there (village in Tibet) and nearly brought her home with me (this was before Bear). We tried Simba and 8,000 other names before Bear finally stuck. He's the biggest lovebug in the universe, so it works. My big bear