Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Top Dog

Karma because well, Karma's a b*tch Literally...well, was.

Kenai because it is a river in Alaska, and one of our past Boxers was named Alaska. Since Kenai was going to be my mom's dog, we chose a name related to that of her RIP heart dog.

Darla got her name off of the movie 'The Little Rascals'. Her brother was named Alfalfa, and they're names fit them perfectly. Darla's that cute, spoiled little girl and Alfalfa's that, "Aww shucks", take-no-initiative type of guy.

As for my fosters and for the puppies I train and handle for the kennel I work at...it's basically anything that comes to mind that fits. Samwise was named after the Lord of the Rings movie...it fit him perfectly. Oliver was named Oliver after the Oliver Twist movie because he was the first to pop out and disappoint momma's owners with his markings...confirming the mutt has inpregnated her instead of the other Ch. field Lab they had intentionally bred her to. The rest of the litter followed soon after, confirming their 'nightmare'. Oliver Twist from the movie was a pick-pocketer, a part of some type of gang, yet innocent and cute...fit Oliver perfectly. As for the puppies I work with...I've named them Breezy, Lumpy, Bruiser, Shelly. All for silly little reasons (REALLY windy day, really chubby puppy, born at Shell station, etc.)
Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Big Dog

After shortlisting a few names my partner and I had different favourites . So, when we picked up our puppy from the breeder, after playing with her for a while I said the two names to her to see what she would like to be called. She ignored one name completely and wagged her tail when I said the other, so that settled it!

Who's Ya Doggy? Lost & Found Dogs Online

...and the best Dog Breed Guide on the internet!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Active Pup

Default 2 daschunds

daschund #1 Name is Nudl. Spelt in german for pasta. Long, just like a daschund.

daschund # 2 Name is Slinky. Named after the srping dog from the movie Toy Storie.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 AM
Active Pup

Perfect name! I love to give names to anything I own. I always add a meaning on it that only me and a selected few know the meaning

The Bird Feeder
Old 02-20-2012, 04:33 PM
NEW2chi

I 'accidently' saw this little brindle pup on my husband's facebook page, left open. I asked a zillion questions and 'Holly' had been shuffled from house to home and back. I was chosen from all the 'wanters' with the best (story?) heart I guess. I have no dogs and only 4 cats. I have a mellow household with a fenced yard and no small children or hazards around. Lots of love and attention all day, especially one 5 mo old kitten who has become BEST BUDS with her. I changed her name to Lollipop, 'Lolly' as I had a toy mechanical dog that walked when called. It was my fav and parents allowed no real animals, hence all the animals my adult life.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:25 AM
Show Dog

Well, my Yellow Lab was named Snow White by my niece who loves the princess character. Surprisingly, she gave birth thrice with 7 pups each birth thus, we call her 'Snow White and her 7 Pups'.

The black lab (one of her first pups) was named Racsu as anagram for my Uncle's name. Oscar (we just changed 'o' to 'u') for the pup was really close to him.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:05 AM
Active Pup

Named my dog after my favorite horse at time. They happen to have very similar quirky, but funny personalities. I can't imagine Wally not being a Wally!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Active Pup

When I was a child my favorite movie was "Toby Tyler". It is about a young boy who runs aways and joins the Circus. My previous pointer was Toby. My current pointer is Tyler. Previously I had two other pointers, Nate was a purchased dog his formal name was Durant's Nathan Bedford Forrest. Scout was a rescue dog he was Scout in his foster and that he remained. Nate, Toby and Scout were treasured animal, all passed away within six months of each other.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottyspaniel View Post
Named my dog after my favorite horse at time. They happen to have very similar quirky, but funny personalities. I can't imagine Wally not being a Wally!
Haha, my girl's named after a horse too! Wally's an adorable name (:

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 03-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Active Pup

Golly is named after the gilly in the BBC show Marnach of the Glen. His reg name is Wassookeag's Sabaka's Forever In Blue Jeans. Sabaka was my first dog as an adult I wanted him to live on thru my next dog, so I worked his name in to Golly's reg name.

Enders named after the Orson Scott Card book Ender's Game. His reg name is Humaryn Devon Dream Of Me. He's from a wonderful breeder and now friend in the UK, I was very lucky that I was allowed to help pick the theam for his litter, we dubed the litter the dream team. So all of the pup have dream in their reg names, from there it was easy. I waited almost 2 years for him and all I did was dream about him.