Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Active Pup

Default My Hero,

I named my Shepard RAB, after the hilarious drunken scottish comedian Rab C. Nesbitt,

If there is any Scotsmen about here, they will know who I'm taking about.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Owned by Norrbottenspets

Sunny's registered name is Valhallasun Freya Eira. I liked Freya, but I couldn't imagine yelling/ calling/ praising easily with that name.

For lack of something better she became Honey for about a month. While I was debating just keeping it as Honey (since she's so sweet) one of my co-workers said I should call her "Sunflower" since she is a Spitz. ()

I really liked that, but it was still a pretty long name. So I shorted it to Sunny. I also rationalized that after about a month of being called "Honey" it was pretty close to sounding the same
Old 07-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Whisperwind

I had a dog named Daisy, she was a German Sheppard, and she loved the flowers, espiscially daisies, so thats why.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Enjoying the puppy life!

Our Brussels Griffon is named "Bruce" after Bruce Wayne of Batman. Plus I love when dogs have people names. It makes me giggle.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:32 PM
love herds

Our latest addition (yet to properly introduced) is Rader the Westie. He is named after the Mash character Radar (walter) O'Reilly. I am a big Mash fan and initially wanted to name him Hawkeye. But he has more of an 'aw shucks' kind of lovable attitude towards life, while being a little bit of a trouble maker. Plus he has satellite dishes for ears lol.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 08-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Cloudcandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Sawyer was named "Poncho" with Aussie REscue, which didn't fit him at all. I'm a huge Mark Twain fan and I had a feeling that this dog, who's coat reminds me of blue jeans, was going to be a good-hearted trouble-maker and I was right. So contrary to popular belief, he is named for Tom Sawyer and not Sawyer Brown or Sawyer from "Lost". He was almost named "Remy" for Gambit from X-Men, but Sawyer just fit better.

Virgo came named from the shelter and since I can't stand popular names and she was going to my grandmother's soon anyway, I kept it. She was renamed "Molly" by my grandmother and then again by the family I rehomed her too after my grandmother fell ill. When she came back, my friend/now-roommie had a dog named Molly and I kind of hate that name because *every* dog is named Molly it seems, so she went back to Virgo.
Yeah I reallllly hate the act that Molly is such a commen name for a DOG....sinxe its my name too :,( Its like my lifes running joke!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 07:47 PM
Cloudcandy

I wrote up a list of names but they just didnt work....I REALLLLY wanted a dog names Aslan(As in the lion from withch and wardrobe)but that didnt sut such a small dog.I wantrd Candy,Bambi,Bella,April,Pixie and Twinkie.but they were all too cutsey and....well she was cute enough and I felt silly saying them.I aslo liked Poee(Edgar allen poe) Inky....LuLu and Luna.....
I also put Coco on the list...as Coco pops is my favourite cereal...my boyfriend liked it...and whenever we referred to a dog in the future she was called Coco....when I stumbled across her litter she was the only white one and just felt like Coco....I was kinda annoyed that it stuck....but I couldnt change it!!!
Just means Ill have to get more dogs to fill those names!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Active Pup

I have a dog named Fluffy. Yeah, not very original. When thinking on a name, I took notice of his fur, which you know, was kinda fluffy. Shortly after naming him Fluffy, I just started calling him "Fluff" for short since it rolled off the tongue much easier.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Active Pup

My 2 dogs were named after ancient gods like Ares. Later I wanted to change one of their names though because he kept escaping from everywhere. Too smart for his own good. Poor little guy got out of a yard surrounded by a stone wall! And got hit by a car.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Active Pup

My dog is named Fenway (after the stadium)