Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Active Pup

Ours is a Puggle we named called her Pugsley, it just fit..and has morped into pugsalicious, pugsnacious, snugglebee, snugapoo, snugalugapoo, snuggies, pugs...
Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 AM
Big Dog

Named our first dog Misty, because of the color of her coat, not to dark and not to light, misty colored.

Mason, well he has a persons name, however it is a cute name none the less. Wish we named him something else, but it fits, we also like keeping the letter M with pets lol
Old 05-26-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm All Ears

Ada's name is kind of funny. We found her and had her in the back yard the first day. We didn't want to keep calling her 'Dog' so Emily said "We should name her". Just then the phone rang and we have a talking caller ID and it said, "Call from Ada." So yeah.. that's why it's Ada. I figured out (we keep getting a million calls from 'Ada') that 'Ada' is the ADA aka American Diabetes Association wanting donations.

So yeah, lots of thought in that one.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:37 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Mary was named after a little girl I use to babysit that I loved with all my heart. I saw her at the drug store yesterday all grown up with her own baby.
She doesn't even know I named the dog after her because I couldnt' be her Mom as much as I wanted to, as much as she asked me to.

My son's girlfriend named Pepper. I didnt' know she was staying at the time.

My Mother poopooed any name I thought of for Victor. She said he needed a noble name. How she thought that in the disaster of a puppy he was I don't know. So when she settled on Victor I thought if it made her happy then so be it. Took me a while to get use to but vigorous Victor fit.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 05-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Bamm was already named when I got him and I just kept that name for him... not sure if I've posted that in this thread or now.

Cricket- I had quite a few names I was debating between. The reason I ended up with the name Cricket for her is because Grace was talking about how she was quite the little jumper and hopped around all over the place. The name is SO fitting for her. When she sees you making her food she gets excited and leaps into the air a few feet away from you... she'll just keep leaping in the air in one place.... she still hops all over the place when she's playing and her favorite thing in the world to do is eat bugs. She pretty much cleared the cicadas out of my mom's yard... and yes she does also eat Crickets.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 05-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Dusty's_Human

Hi All,

I'm new around here.

We somehow fell into a hockey player theme for our dogs. I had an black tri Aussie that I loved to death and I named her Blake (after Rob Blake--hockey player, and William Blake the poet). She's been gone for over 3 years now

I was finally able to think about another dog and last weekend we adopted a 6 month old red merle mini Aussie, and we named her Dusty (Dustin Brown is my daughter's favorite hockey player).

It's funny how things evolve.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Jerk.

Blue was named Blue because he looked sad in the first pic I saw of him. The people I got him from where calling him Bo.

Chazhounds own Superstar SMKIE named Verde. I asked Chaz for name suggestions and I just started reading a list of suggested names and the first one she responded to was Verde.

I will likely continue the theme of naming my dogs after colors.

ETA: If I remember right I almost named her Red or Green before SMKIEs suggestion.

EETA: Found the Verde naming link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie View Post
If you have to name her red or green please give a girl some dignity and go with Rosa or Verde
The memory of this has me grinning like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin

Last edited by blue; 06-03-2011 at 04:18 AM.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Little dog, big voice

Well we named Moses "Moses" because they allowed me to pick the same and I was 6... and we all know how little kids are, haha, so who knows my thinking behind that. I was apparently wanting to name him Jesus but my parents thought that was a little much. I mean we couldn't be yelling "Jesus, come here right now!" haha

And I named Cali "Cali" just because I really like how the name sounds, and I chose the spelling just because it's more unique looking and I like it. Plus, it suits her, I think.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Big Dog

I got Mac in Darwin Northern Territory (Australia), it was a three hour drive back to our small town so we stopped into McDonalds for lunch before leaving. I couldn't think of anything that would suit her she was just so different, such a little dude.
So we were sitting there and I thought Macas - Maca - MAC! And it suits her so well. Sometimes i sit here and think i wonder what else would suit her, but i really don't think anything else would.

We found a Camp dog in Katherine a few years ago, he just ran up to our gate and begged to come in. We felt so bad he was all mangy and thin and alone, and smelly. So we took him in and started looking for a permanent home for him. In the meantime he was refered to as Onion. I think he was renamed "Dog" at his new home.

Mac Attack
Rip Daisy
Old 06-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Puppy Dog

My dog's name is Tambo. He is a Rhodesian Ridgeback. I knew the history around the breed (i.e. being used for hunting lions in South Africa; English colonizers bringing over Great Danes, Mastiffs, Greyhounds and breeding them with the native African hunting dog, etc.) - so I wanted to give him a name that was in some way related to these histories.

He is named after Oliver Tambo, who was instrumental in starting the African National Congress with Nelson Mandela. A positive and progressive force in South African politics, and a sign of hope for the future in the country - I couldn't think of a better fitting, more uplifting and loving name for my dog than for him to be named after this great historical figure.