Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Top Dog

My dog was already named Tiffany when I adopted her. I thought about changing it, but Tiffany suits her so well. She's kind of a diva. I couldn't imagine calling her anything else!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Lord Cynical

Ronin - I didn't like the name he came with, I got him on the 4th of July so I thought about Roman... morphed into Ronin!

Ada - named after Ada Wong from the Resident Evil video games

Revy - named after Revy from Black Lagoon (an anime)

Kaylee - Firefly!

Jayne - Firefly!

Old 02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm All Ears

I didn't name any of the dogs but Mia. Mia because I wanted something short and easy to call out for agility. I don't much like 'sports' kind of names so those were out. I wanted something feminine but not too feminine. Mia's a total tomboy so it works. I quite like it and she wouldn't have been anything else.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Not sure there was a real reason we named Violet, Violet except that we liked it. LOL! We considered Bella, and Maya as well. I think Bella would fit her really well, but everyone agreed on Violet. And I like it. It's just hard not to call her "Vi" ("Vye") since it's the only thing I can think of that's short for Violet. (The reason I don't want to call her Vi, is that we knew a Vi back in Texas, and I hated her. XD

ETA: Actually scratch that. I just remember that we ALMOST named Lucy, Violet, so that was a big reason we really liked it, because it was special.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Active Pup

Two weeks before we went to pick out our puppy, my boyfriends family dog passed away at 14 years old. His name had been Max. When we went to pick our puppy and felling in love with one particular little guy, we were surprised to hear he had been named Max by the breeder. We took it as a sign, put the deopsit on him, and decided his name would remain as Max.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Top Dog

Todd was named after the character in Coronation Street by the rescue centre. We had planned to change it as we didn't like it, but he had been in a home for a year and knew it, so we just left it. As it happens we like it now as we've never met another Todd.

Maddy was called Breagha by the rescue centre, but when I adopted her, we already had another dog called Breagha. So I had four names picked out for her...Maddy (after Lochmaddy, where I used to live. Lochmaddy means 'Loch of the Dogs' as there are two dog shaped rocks in the Loch which people used to believe guarded them from evil. The Gaelic is Madadh, meaning black dog/wolf, which fitted, but Madadh would confuse people, so Maddy is the English), Skye (because the rescue centre she came from is on the Isle of Skye), Bella (I'll admit it, I was reading Twilight at the time) and Caley (after Caledonia, Scottish theme of sorts which I like). Maddy it was! My neighbours dogs are called Caley and Belle, so I thought that could cause a bit of confusion, and Skye is such a common name.

These are the 'maddies' in Lochmaddy, the rocks Maddy is named after. Supposedly from the air they used to look like sleeping dogs, but I can't find any aerial pics.

Maddies by Niseag, on Flickr

My Photos
Old 02-09-2011, 12:55 PM
Trained by an Airedale

Misha - just a name my husband always liked and she was named as we drove back in the car...

Ben - we were not planning to keep him (he was a stray) and I thought if I called him Ben he would respond well to a new Spanish owner (ven aqui = come here).

Old 02-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Active Pup

Default :)

my dOg Taco is named after tAcos... food, my favorite food. and he likes it too, sometimes he asks some from me!
Old 02-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahHound View Post
Todd Maddy (after Lochmaddy, where I used to live. Lochmaddy means 'Loch of the Dogs' as there are two dog shaped rocks in the Loch which people used to believe guarded them from evil. The Gaelic is Madadh, meaning black dog/wolf, which fitted, but Madadh would confuse people, so Maddy is the English),

These are the 'maddies' in Lochmaddy, the rocks Maddy is named after. Supposedly from the air they used to look like sleeping dogs, but I can't find any aerial pics.

Maddies by Niseag, on Flickr
I LOVE the meaning of this! I don't think you could have picked a more perfect name (:

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 02-13-2011, 06:07 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I just read every single post in this thread because I could swear I posted in this thread already! But, I guess not...: lol

Maddie was the easiest pet I've ever named She was 8 weeks old, beautiful blonde pup with a little bit of cocker'tude
I've always loved Bruce Willis... and at the time I was going through this huge Moonlighting phase, and to make it worse the Bravo channel was playing re-runs for several hours a day And so, she became Madolyn Hayes aka Maddie, based on Cybil's character on the show David and Maddie: all about The TV series Moonlighting

Bayleigh... well, I've been back and forth for way to long for this poor dog. She was "Shelby the Sheltie", but I feel that's way to "cutesy" for her personality So, after many many names, and coming really close to calling her Breagha (even Breagha Bailey LOL) I picked Bailey. And then I caved and started spelling it Bayleigh... because my best friend said so

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
Izzie was named because i love Grey's Anatomy and was trying to get a name from there. I had it down to Bailey, Isobel (Izzie), and Callie... Callie was out though because my friend's name is that, Bailey is so common and i didn't really want it. Izzie is my little blondie, she's the lightest of my crew, and has a bubbly personality so i went with Isobel for her lol. It fits her perfectly.
This is pretty much how my Izzy (ferret) got her name! lol Took me two days, and it was technically Kayla's suggestion...

Murtagh came with his name, from the breeder. She got it from the Eragon books

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o