Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 07-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Active Pup

We named our first one "Cozmo" as in Cosmo Kramer from Seinfield, and yes he lives up to that name.

our newest two are "Eenaa" because she looks like a Hyena, and her brother "Leeperr" short for leopard, because of the spots in his skin. But they are also know as Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum, as they get into more mischief together.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:48 AM
Active Pup

Default Bebe

my dog is name Bebe just because i think its cute! lol
Old 08-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Active Pup

I name my dog Lala because of the musical note..La La. I think is cute as she is!

NYC Dog Walkers
Old 08-26-2010, 03:04 AM
Active Pup

Don't laugh please but "Furzi" got her name because when she was young she pooped so often :-D
Old 08-26-2010, 10:05 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

We named Chloe after the Chihuahua from "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" but we actually named her that because she looks A LOT like the male dog in that movie, Papi. But since she's a girl, we used Chloe. And I've always loved the name Chloe, and wanted to name one of my kids that (still might) so it just really fit her. Her name at the shelter was Nina, and our friends who adopted her (and gave her to us) name her Alex because she was from Alexander City, Alabama.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 10-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Not a Border Collie

My childhood dog I named Jasmine - I was obsessed with Aladdin, LOL! She was the best dog, I miss her dearly.

My heart dog was called Akela. She was a young German Shepherd we found wandering on our road - clearly dumped and very lost. She was massive and black and moved just like a wolf, so we called her Akela after the wolf from The Jungle Book. I later found out that the name means "alone" which was very fitting, considering how we found her. Unfortunately we had to rehome her and I will forever regret that decision, but one day I'll have another black GSD and I'd like to call him Kipling, after Rudyard Kipling.

Our ACD is called Dally. We're horse people first and foremost so we wanted a western name and Dally had been one of our favorites for awhile. It suited her!

The new puppy still doesn't have a name, but I've been considering Quinn for her. This is going to make me sound super dorky, but my passion is Quarter Horse breeding, specifically cutting bloodlines. I wanted something related to that - first came up with "Lena" but already have a Lani and a Lizzy (horses) and I already get tongue tied with them so that would be way too confusing. Then came up with "Peppy" but it doesn't suit her. Finally came up with Quinn, after Quintan Blue, who is a very big name and well known cutting mare. I'm going to feel geeky if anyone ever asks, but deep down I like that it has personal meaning.

Last edited by Sit Stay; 10-02-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Akela!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Sawyer was named "Poncho" with Aussie REscue, which didn't fit him at all. I'm a huge Mark Twain fan and I had a feeling that this dog, who's coat reminds me of blue jeans, was going to be a good-hearted trouble-maker and I was right. So contrary to popular belief, he is named for Tom Sawyer and not Sawyer Brown or Sawyer from "Lost". He was almost named "Remy" for Gambit from X-Men, but Sawyer just fit better.
LOL, after seeing your signature in another topic I wondered if that's who he was named after! I'm a big Lost fan (:

He's lovely, by the way - Aussies were/are my first love. His name really suits him, and I love the meaning.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:43 PM
Active Pup

Like many of the others here, our Alaskan husky Katya came from the shelter already named. It's a Russian form of Katherine, and it suits her—elegant, and a little bit exotic. The only problem is, it naturally shorten to "Kat," and seeing as she shares the house with three felines who all respond to that name, well, you can see where confusion might set in...
Old 11-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Big Dog

I wanted to name my maltese Chelsea but after a few times calling her with no respond, I was wondering if I should call her that. I called her Chloe one time and she looked at me right away. My dog chose her name :P
Old 11-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Pitbull Friends

I have two Pitbulls named Kalypso And Kratos. They are both names that came from Greek mythology. Our first dogs name was Kalypso cause my girlfriend wanted to name her Cali cause we came from California, and I was reading the Odyssey at the time and like the name Kalypso (we call her Kali anyway cause it's shorter). And Kratos was named by my son who's favorite game is God Of War which stars Kratos (and it rings really nice with Kalypso) .
The Dog Blog - Dog Tutorials, News, And Information