Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 11-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Big Dog

that's the kind of story i was luking for it's quite humrous. i am going to share it with my friends. lol
Old 12-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Top Dog

Pepe's name was Peppy, and I just shorten it to Pepe.

Princess came with her name.

Princess Mama, came with the name Princess, and my sister did not want me to change it, so it stuck, and I added the Mama after she became a mommy I would always call her Mama. She's fixed now though.

Valentino, was born four days before Valentine's Day and all his littermates were named after designers. He's a true lover boy, loves to give kisses to people and dogs!

Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Active Pup

I have an Irish Wolfhound, and since he's called Irish, I looked for popular male Irish names and I named him Sean which means 'God has favoured'... His name's a bit religious I guess... LOL
Old 12-04-2009, 03:29 AM
Active Pup

Mine is a black Lab and I named him shadow because he's black
Old 12-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Active Pup

Nice thread. Nice stories. My weenie girl Ayla is named after the very strong female character from the books Clan Of The Cavebear series. She is my smallest dog ever, and I wanted to give her a strong name. It so fits her. Yes, she is my avator.

My mid size girl is named Zoomie. They named her that at the shelter and I thought they were nuts. Thing is when I got her home and tried other names, nothing fit. She zooms. Plain and simple. And today she is nine years old and acts nine months old.

And well my boy Max, I admit, a mainstream name, sigh. I named him that because he responded well to it when I was trying to guess his name. He also is from a shelter.

Blissings (not a typo)
Ruth
Old 12-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Active Pup

My dog's name is Odie. Because he looks like Garfield's dog. He actually behaves like Odie. I never tried giving him lasagna.. lol!

Last edited by eddieq; 12-09-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Active Pup

Default rocky

i picked the name rocky for my dog because he was the runt of the litter, but had that 'never give up' spirit when he wanted to suckle from his mother. Poor puppy had to struggle, but he was a fighter!
Old 12-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Top Dog

Simba got his name because when he was a newborn he was the color of a Lion (with a black stripe down his back as well, but that has nothing to do with his name. Haha)

Then Bruno came with his.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Top Dog

I lost my female heart dog in april of 07, her name was Sami. When I was looking for another female gsd, the following year, my male GSD was becoming ill and I knew he didn't have much time left.,

I believe things happen for a reason, I found a breeder who was breeding on Dodge's (my male) lines, and czech which sami was. This was a "D" litter, and she was born on Sami's birthday,,how weird is that?? I didn't realize it at the time. So I got the "wild" one and named her Masi (a play on sami) she's very much a combination of both Sami and Dodge (who is gone now as well)...scarey sometimes..I believe in reincarnation, and Masi sometimes shows alot of Sami's characteristics ..
Old 12-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Active Pup

Default Hmmm. Names.....

Well, I have 3 dogs, and I have a theme running among them. The first was my cream colored chihuahua puppy, and I had no idea what to name her. So actually, a long distance friend of mine came up with her name... Penny.

She had one litter, and I kept a little boy... Him, I named Buck. (are you seeing the them yet? LOL)

Then at the beginning of the year, I got a medium sized mixed breed puppy... went through all kinds of names, ended up with Milli(on). Got it?

As long as I have them, I will always be rich!