Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 12-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Okay, I bet she runs with her tongue sticking out because it's ADORABLE. Adorable adorable adorable.
Lol, she's so weird. Thanks everyone. You should see the snow now! It's snowed again!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:51 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

How do you manage to take action shots of her? I have never come across a faster animal then a Pap at full flight! I am dying to get some shots of Ben with his mane flowing.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 12-11-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
How do you manage to take action shots of her? I have never come across a faster animal then a Pap at full flight! I am dying to get some shots of Ben with his mane flowing.
Oh gosh, she's fast, it's insane. Nard is even faster, I can't wait until he grows up.

We actually race our papillons for fun at the local papillon meets, and Summer is the undefeated champion. I never got any pictures because my whole family has dogs to set up. She beats paps twice her size!

Lemme tell you though, she is TOUGH to get action shots from. She only believes it's fun to run to her person. She will only run towards me if given the chance. So... in order to get good shots I had to work on a command to get her to run past me, which was HARD. I had to set up a finish point that she knew, so I initially used the word 'home'. So I taught her to go to the door. She really has only one speed so running there wasn't a problem. She'd go to the door, then I'd give her a cookie. Lengthen the distance and eventually I'd go stand somewhere random and send her to the door. So I could get directly where she'd run past me to get to the door, sprinting and I'd sit and try taking pictures. She figures it's the best game, lol. The shots in the field are really me tricking her into running past me. Usually I have to get across the ditch to get pictures. Yeah, it's actually kind of complicated, lol! I've never actually typed it out, so now I think I sound insane! But hey, the command also doubles for a good command to have in a tight situation. Tell her to go home and she sprints to the door.

I also am using a decent camera, which helps a lot and a decent zoom lense.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:27 AM
:( only one :(

Great pictures! I love how she runs with her little tongue sticking out....*must concentrate* Very cute! lol
Old 12-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Oh gosh, she's fast, it's insane. Nard is even faster, I can't wait until he grows up.

We actually race our papillons for fun at the local papillon meets, and Summer is the undefeated champion. I never got any pictures because my whole family has dogs to set up. She beats paps twice her size!

Lemme tell you though, she is TOUGH to get action shots from. She only believes it's fun to run to her person. She will only run towards me if given the chance. So... in order to get good shots I had to work on a command to get her to run past me, which was HARD. I had to set up a finish point that she knew, so I initially used the word 'home'. So I taught her to go to the door. She really has only one speed so running there wasn't a problem. She'd go to the door, then I'd give her a cookie. Lengthen the distance and eventually I'd go stand somewhere random and send her to the door. So I could get directly where she'd run past me to get to the door, sprinting and I'd sit and try taking pictures. She figures it's the best game, lol. The shots in the field are really me tricking her into running past me. Usually I have to get across the ditch to get pictures. Yeah, it's actually kind of complicated, lol! I've never actually typed it out, so now I think I sound insane! But hey, the command also doubles for a good command to have in a tight situation. Tell her to go home and she sprints to the door.

I also am using a decent camera, which helps a lot and a decent zoom lense.
Ah uh! Now can you give me the easy to teach version for a dog with serious ADD!

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 12-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Top Dog

It has snowed twice in my lifetime here. Last time was 10 years ago. We won't ever get snow here again though. The weather is too weird here.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:38 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog View Post
Ah uh! Now can you give me the easy to teach version for a dog with serious ADD!
Um.... clicker + cookies?