Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-18-2010, 01:37 AM
Active Pup

Should i be worried if i am not a breeder?

Last edited by Renee750il; 09-09-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:21 AM
*Now with Snark*

That depends. There are a few arguments to be made for I'm not doing anything wrong therefore I have nothing to hide. I personally take the stance of I'm not a lawyer, I don't know what this person's intentions are but I have everything to lose and nothing to gain by letting them in my home. Therefore they can get a warrant or get the **** off my land.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:29 AM
Ruddy Buttinski

if you have multiple dogs or cats, you may have reason to worry. Even if you're not a breeder. What with all the 'hoarding' hoopla these days.

My blog: The DIY Dog
Old 09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutt99 View Post
Mahahaha! This is the post that got me banned from the Petfinder forum the first time. It's hot, scary information, folks! Soak it up.
Thank you, Renee. Everyone should know their rights as a dog owner.

Last edited by Renee750il; 09-09-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Active Pup

This must be awful for you - can you get to the dogs? are they safe? because i would set them free at least then they will be picked up by a warden & taken to kennels - i doubt the owners will pay the release fee. Video it & also live tv to show the date - and report it again with the evidence, next time they call & there is no answer show them the film & e mail it to them.

------------------------
dog kennels
Old 01-26-2011, 08:39 AM
Active Pup

Great post. Thank you for this resource.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Active Pup

Default Just about the same in every state

I practice law in NY and I can say that just about the same rules apply in NY. So good post.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:53 AM
CASSA

I went 15 years no animal control till 2010 Nov.

They day we left to go to a UKC NY show the bad breeder online who are always after me started posting attacks on facebook.
We left at 1 the show started at 4 at 330 a call was put into animal control stating a blue house on the 425 had "abused neglected dogs" on it.

After my hubby dropped me off, and got home he found a yellow note asking to call.
By the time show ws over ( we won grp 1) , and he called the SPCA was closed.
I was very upset which was the goal of my competition.
I did not give in and go home but was forced to stay at the show for a extra day.
Cause I told my hubby to stay home not to get me and no one is allowed in my house with my loose old <dying cancer > dog and dogs.
I left messages on voice mail not answer
I am facebook friends with a top person in the SPCA whom i met the 3 years i raised funds for the SPCA in walkathons with teddy and Coz.

She told me a yellow notice was not a 911 to chill out.
I held it together and won again grp 2 and a BIS on the pup the Caucasian Ovcharka people wanted me not to win for a new friend.
I got sick from stress and went home.
At 9 am mon he called and he said he would be over for inspection at 11..

We showed him all 11 dogs , now 10 Ali passed. We showed him sheep horses barn garage and every room in house, he was like why every room. I Said our dogs sleep in their own rooms and mine you will see it all.

He left "impressed" and said even the horse stalls were "dry" as bone something that can not be done on last minute clean ups.

He said he was sorry for the false complainet and that next time he will go after them.

I have a OCD for neatness , something my mom put on me , not allowing me to watch Lassie unless my chores were done. She made us clean home before we left for events just in case we brought guests in. this helped now my OCD is far worse.
Im insane with neatness...

I have 3ooo sq foot home 3 huge bedrooms not kids, 50 acres and 10 dogs.
I got this huge land and pay tons for it so no one can tell me what to do.

Breeders and bad people are the ones making it worse for us with animal control.

One bad person wrote on the net few weeks before this that I was abusing my dog Ali cause she had a huge tumor from cancer and that i should of taken her to the vet.

I showed ali who was kissing the officer and i showed her extensive vet bills sine the tumor was found in May, i get her lanced drained once a month, her bed and her great life.

These bad people in every breeder who post online about their competition to hide their lack of ability to care for dogs like great breeders do is another help to animal control.

So now when ever i leave for a show i pop a call to animal control. Giving them my cell.
I proud of how i care for my dogs and I will take a bullet for them the minute some tries to take them from me cause of a false complainet.

Ali passed this Jan when it was time , i picked up her ashes yesterday on a leg for chaz.
I miss her so much and Kat if you read this SHAME on you i spend more money and more special time on my dogs than you do. Ali got massages daily, she was helped thru Ice with special harness , i order her a ortho bed. She was treated like a human not a dog.
And when she past a person I just adopted a rescue out to from same CAO breeder,
her new owner came all the way back to help us move her body with the stretcher i bought.
Ali waited till i came home from yet another rescue to pass.

God watches over all that do rescue.

God helped to Vent about this Jeannine Depalma
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 04-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Active Pup

I think this is a good article with general principles for whenever any type of "police" officer comes by.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Active Pup

I wouldn't let them in anyway. My dog does not like men and most officers are men. I don't have anything to hide, but I wouldn't want him to feed on my nervousness and try to get between me and the officer.
I don't think that I would have a problem with any of my neighbors calling Animal Control on me anyway, they all love my animals almost as much as I do. LOL