Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Not a lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutt99 View Post
Mahahaha! This is the post that got me banned from the Petfinder forum the first time. It's hot, scary information, folks! Soak it up.
^^^ I think they were referring to this?
Old 01-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Active Pup

Wow I didn't know animal control was such a problem... I thought they only went to house with EXTREME animal abuse...
Old 01-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Twin 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACampbell0304 View Post
^^^ I think they were referring to this?
Ah. This is why we have the handy little "quote" button...so people know you're referring to something posted 18 pages ago...

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Dog Crazy

that is a good information for dog owners, i had saved this article of your in my private book
Old 02-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Cool Dude

Wow! Thanks Renee. I really don't know what I would have done had they come knocking on my door. It's definitely something to think about should this situation ever arise.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:51 AM
Game dog

Usually when people DON"T follow these rules they are the ones who end up with every single dog and pup taken and destroyed. It has happened too many times.

Ephesians 4:31-32
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:37 PM
Puppy Dog

Unfortunately I've experienced this first hand while house setting my friends dog. Even though it wasn't my dog, having an animal control officer come to the house still sent chills down my spine. I would wish this kind of a visit to anyone.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Active Pup

I live in a very small town,we have one animal control officer. Nice guy. He came out when Oscar bit Vinnie. He told me and the police officer that there would be no citation because Oscar was secured at the time of the bite etc. The police officer decided to go "all vigilante" and is charging me with owning a dangerous dog. The animal control officer called me to give me a "heads up". The local police are trying to bully me into giving the dog up, the officer said if Oscar is "gone" in 2 weeks he will not charge me. He keeps saying Oscar is a pitbull.( I also own a pitbull, but Oscar is a mastiff,so that's like mistaking a palmeranian for a chow) This same officer has shot 4 pitbulls without cause, which is why a law suite was filed and part of the settlement agreement was that the local police department had to hire a seperate animal control officer,which they did and he is a great guy,but apparently if he doesn't do HIS JOB, the way the local police want it done, they step in and file their own charges. I am more afraid of our local police,they think they can do whatever they want.

Last edited by Gisella; 07-14-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Felurian

You may want to have a safe place ready for Oscar -- with someone who won't give him up. You might also want to talk directly to the DA -- carefully. It's up to the DA to press charges, not the cop.

You might also consider filing a formal complaint against the cop if he persists.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 08-13-2010, 01:13 AM
*Now with Snark*

I had an AC officer come out to my place once. They asked if I had a dog, I just said, that's really none of your business is it? I got the stink eye over that comment and I asked them to leave and not come back unless they had a warrant. I did get a letter later advising me that I legally need to have a dog license (which I do for a different county).
The government has no business knowing how many tvs I own, what I listen to on the radio, and so long as I'm not bugging my neighbors any other piece of property that is in my house. Read your local laws and see what rights AC in your area actually has.