Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 12-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Big Dog

Something most responsible owners would not do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Ws9Rw5ics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgZZiXPajAc&NR=1

Last edited by altos1; 12-18-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Felurian

That first video looks suspiciously like an AR piece that's been staged.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Dafuq?

The first video is like 30 years old, Renee. The dog was trained to attack, supposedly ordered to attack in that case, and had previously bitten, yet AC sent one little bitty girl who clearly didn't know what to do. I'd consider that as much a condemnation of AC as of the owner.

I struggle to see what either have to do with the topic at hand. *cough Kela cough*

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 12-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Felurian

What puzzles me, Baha, and makes me suspect "staged" is the filming - even if it's 30 years old. Especially if it's 30 years old. 30 years ago no one sent a camera out to film AC going to pick up a dog, and home video equipment was really grainy and jerky.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutt99 View Post
As. A. Heart. Attack.
Ohhhh wow. That is just scary. And funny. Really funny.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:49 AM
Big Dog

I placed the video's due to the fact many individuals will set up ac or Police by sending their dog into attack..Thus something not to do when animal control comes to visit..

Even if the first video's 30 yrs old people can be nuts a time or two..
Old 12-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Puppy Dog

if they knock on my door, I'll show them my binder. in it is a complete record of the dogs life with me. vaccination certs. neuter certs, micro-chip documentation, and liscence approval from the city. also, a hand-written letter from my landlord, not only endorsing me to have the 3 dogs (city limit is 3), but also a testament to how well they are maintained and how responsible an owner I am.
no problem. bring it on.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Top Dog

I had no clue you could refuse them entry to your home if they wanted to check the dogs you have. I've never been in that situation but I guess knowing this helps for the future, who knows...
Old 12-30-2008, 01:35 PM
Top Dog

Is this a huge problem? I ask out of curiousity, because I have never known animal control (at least here) to really bother with breeders at all, unless we are talking about a puppy mill, and it would have to be a huge one, situation.
I've had animal control out at my place after my idiot neighbors reported me for having a baby lion in the apartment. I'm not sure in what world a grey persian cat resembles a lion, but I digress. The two men were very nice, I showed them Angry Puss, we called the vet to confirm a rabies vaccination (I had lost the certificate and tag in a move) and we all went on our way.
I've never heard of them being like you have described, but maybe it is more of a big city thing?
Old 12-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Dafuq?

S&S, I think it depends on how much attention you attract.

Example. Where we used to live in St. Louis, code enforcement (ie, animal control) trucks were up and down our street all the time. They didn't like the fact that we had an out-of-park trailer, and were always looking for tall weeds, peeling paint, cracked concrete, etc., to cite us on. They drove by once when we were pottying a new puppy on-leash, and right away we had a notice in our mailbox that we had to get rid of her for being a "pitbull dog."

Lots of times animal control complaints don't even have anything to do with the dog. It's a disgruntled neighbor who doesn't like the color of your rosebushes, so they call on your dogs instead. The childish games people play. Animal control supposedly doesn't even come out where we live now, and it's been some years since I've had one on my doorstep.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...