Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Bored Now.

And now you're accusing her of being a puppy mill. WTF.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Couch Pototoe City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
There is so much to breeding. Do you breed a dog with less drive, do you breed a dog who is a known carrier.

On the surface I would say no. ...
I dont care about the drive... We as owners need to know if our babies are healthy.. thats what it boils down too and degenerative disease is no joke.. Some poor owner will deal with the heart ache- not the idiot breeder that did it.. WE ARE the ones that loved them.. the ones that cared for them all their life- the pain, the suffering, the vet bills but most OF ALL THE HEART PAIN when we loose them because some idiot did not think at the time of breeding..
Old 12-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Just try me..

To say you must breed clean to clean or you are horrible negates what we know of science... (and is insulting)

If you breed carriers to clean, you have NO (as in ZERO) risk of producing affected pups. Once you have enough fabulous dogs (large gene pool) then you can start breeding clean to clean. But as there are never enough fabulous dogs, breeding clean to carrier is still IMO ok.

LOL it will all be a moot point anyway. Unless breeds allow the odd outcross, (OMG non pure-run for the hills!!!) the purebred dog will not be able to be preserved anyway.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by borzoimom View Post
I dont care about the drive... We as owners need to know if our babies are healthy.. thats what it boils down too and degenerative disease is no joke.. Some poor owner will deal with the heart ache- not the idiot breeder that did it.. WE ARE the ones that loved them.. the ones that cared for them all their life- the pain, the suffering, the vet bills but most OF ALL THE HEART PAIN when we loose them because some idiot did not think at the time of breeding..
See and to me breeding a dog without drive (for what is expected of that breed) is as bad as breeding carrier to carrier, or affected to affected. It might work, but I would NEVER do it.

I wont' breed a JRT who won't hunt, I won't breed a whippet who won't chase. Pure and simple.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaPrincess View Post
Coming from the compulsive liar who can't be bothered to back up any of her claims like the fake 17 OTCHes and many SCH3 titles. Sadly, your comments and slander don't hold much weight anymore.
Thank you, Mafia. I think this says it all. The lies I have seen on here are absolutely obscene - someone supposedly in hiding shouldn't be posting on the 'net, never mind posting a picture, phone number, and address multiple times.

Mods, her posts are treading the lines of libel right now, as are some of her comments in chat. This is absurd. Can someone please take appropriate action?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Couch Pototoe City

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
And now you're accusing her of being a puppy mill. WTF.

I did not say who it was.. For you to continue you will tip it off..
The question stands = would you breed these two dogs ? And if you were to endorse it I find it hard to believe anyone can tell someone that has two dogs to breed and say ' do health testing" when we ourselves some of us are not.. Each breed has a problem.. but the problem here noted is prevelant in the breed.. To me that is no different than breeding a collie with bad eyes, or a cavalier with a bad heart or degenerative heart problems.. This doesn't make sense to me..
Old 12-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Top Dog

Given that 85% of rough and smooth colles are affected or carriers of CEA and that it is actually one of the LESS serious health problems in the breed (It's not PRA, thyroid problems, HD, bloat, cancer, epilepsy, or DM), if we only bred collies with perfect eyes, we wouldn't HAVE collies.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Felurian

For some of us, DRIVE is of equal weight with health and stability of temperament. A Fila without drive isn't a Fila. A JRT without drive isn't a JRT. A Terrier of any sort, period, without drive isn't a Terrier.

One of the things I liked in an Irish Wolfhound I saw a in the Westminster show a couple of years back was the predator in his eyes. THAT is part of being a Wolfhound. A Beagle that doesn't put nose to ground isn't a Beagle. "Pretty" and "healthy" . . . well, if that's all someone is looking for - and nothing wrong with it - then go rescue a dog.

Right there's a big flaw in the AKC and so many breed clubs. They've abandoned the heart of the dogs.

Really, in my view of the world, someone who breeds without regard to breed appropriate drive is no better than any BYB or miller.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Couch Pototoe City

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Mods, her posts are treading the lines of libel right now, ...
all you have to do is go to the OFA site, look up the kennel name and see the same results.. its that simple..
Old 12-05-2008, 06:37 PM
Couch Pototoe City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
For some of us, DRIVE is of equal weight with health and stability of temperament. A Fila without drive isn't a Fila. A JRT without drive isn't a JRT. A Terrier of any sort, period, without drive isn't a Terrier.

One of the things I liked in an Irish Wolfhound I saw a in the Westminster show a couple of years back was the predator in his eyes. THAT is part of being a Wolfhound. A Beagle that doesn't put nose to ground isn't a Beagle. "Pretty" and "healthy" . . . well, if that's all someone is looking for - and nothing wrong with it - then go rescue a dog.

Right there's a big flaw in the AKC and so many breed clubs. They've abandoned the heart of the dogs.
I agree- but would they sacrifice health in exchange for that?
Closed Thread