Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Walks into Mordor

Default A little maltese houseguest

My parents are on vacation, so we're babysitting Scandal at our house. And of course, I had to get pictures. So here's the little diva! (Please ignore the table clutter, I have Christmas stuff everywhere.)

I think she's still quite cute, even with only one eye.

Profile shot of the mop.

Hears something interesting.

I'll see if I can post more pics later. I'm liking having a little girly dog in the house, heehee. I think I'll take her shopping with me tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:25 PM
<--------Orson

OMG! There she is! She looks perfectly clean and brushed...........so adorably cute, I can't stand it!

Kevin might end up with a froo froo around here, hehehehehe
Old 11-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Twin 2.0

LOL gemp, she's got to be such a change from the Horsemen...she's so pretty! It's rare you see a pet Mop with a full coat like that...all that I've dealt with have had puppy clips for ease of keeping.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Walks into Mordor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Kevin might end up with a froo froo around here, hehehehehe
I know! She is quite a sweetheart. I have to admit, maltese are starting to grow on me. I don't think I'd mind having one someday, especially now that I know there's a good breeder in the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
LOL gemp, she's got to be such a change from the Horsemen...she's so pretty! It's rare you see a pet Mop with a full coat like that...all that I've dealt with have had puppy clips for ease of keeping.
Seeing some of the BYB maltese around here compared to Scandal is like night and day. I never realized how big a difference there was between BYB and show bred maltese.

Mom loves the long hair. She says that's part of the fun of owning a maltese--she said she never understood why people would want to clip that beautiful hair. But mom does shape Scandal's feet, and trims the hair just short of floor length. Show maltese have coats that are actually longer than floor length.

And I AM enjoying the change from the smelly boy moosedogs! It's so nice having a dog with beautiful hair that I can primp and comb and fluff. And she enjoys it, to boot!

Last edited by Gempress; 12-01-2008 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Yorkie Love

aww soooo cute!

LOVE the hair.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:25 PM
Who woulda thought <3

She is gorgeous
Old 11-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Twin 2.0

Gemp, the difference is insane isn't it??

I do have to admit, there was one BYB Maltese that I wanted to steal. She just was big and sturdy enough to be obviously BYB bred, but had the temperment to die for...and being a little more sturdy was a plus. I think, can't be sure, I think I've met one well-bred Maltie that was just awesome as well.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Walks into Mordor

Scandal is 7 lbs. I believe she's at the larger end of the standard, but that's still tiny to me. I am terrified of accidentally stepping on her or hurting her. It doesn't help that she's the classic velcro lapdog, and insists on being no more than two feet away from you at all times.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Top Dog

Gemp, Scandal is gorgeous!!

Love all her long beautiful hair. I've met a few Maltese dogs (one is my aunt's!), and they're just awesome little dogs. People who have never known one tend to think of them as arrogant "foo foo" things. But that's just their appearance, especially in full coat. They're actually sweet and very playful, love learning tricks, and they like to cuddle too!
Old 11-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Sit! Good dog.

She's lovely, but there's no way I could cope with all that HAIR!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein