Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Show Dog

Default "Excellent Breeder" 7/27 Update

I just wanted to update you guys.

-I didn't go to the shelter last Saturday because I had something else to do. It wasn't that I didn't want to go, but something was more important.

-I'm really unsure if I want to breed Golden Retrievers. It's not that I may not like them, but I'm beginning to think there are some breeds that I like and may even suit me better than GRs.

-So right now, I'm just getting to know dogs in general. From the tiny little chi's, to the pit bulls.

- I haven't went to a dog show yet. I was supposed to, but summer class is taking a lot of my time.

- Right now, my mind isn't on breeding. It's on school and the process of applying to a university.

So at the moment, there's not a lot going on other than volunteering. The next opportunity for going to a dog show is in November. I'll check the UKC site for events as well.

I'll probably be updating less, maybe once in 6 months or a year.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention I've been reading a lot about Golden Retrievers. I bought two breed specific books. I learned some stuff that I didn't know about the breed.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:50 PM
Top Dog

Sounds like you're on the right track - researching and really keeping an open mind. Good for you! I'm also glad to hear that you're staying focused on school work.... The animal field is a tough one, and having an education to fall back on is definately wise.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Show Dog

Thank you Miss lizzy.