Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Couch Pototoe City

I would love to have another Maine coon. They are such cool cats! However- with sighthounds ( especially with Femka) that remains just a wish..
Old 11-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
I totally would if I could get away with it. Jo would definitely eventually find out and murder me in my sleep.
I believe your exact words to me were: "Jo would crap a brick and gouge my eyes out with a spoon."

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Bored Now.

Yep, they were - you mentioned it to me later, LOL!

Amber, you should accept. You're over there often enough as it is, and you deserve as many pets as you want. As long as time and finances aren't an issue, I don't see why not.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Wookie Collie

Well, I don't WANT them, since I already HAVE mine... but I had always wanted ferrets, and finally got my two just this past September. I didn't think I'd be getting a dog for another year, and then The Litter came along, so... I'll have growing ferrets and a growing puppy!

I HIGHLY recommend ferrets as an awesome smaller pet. Very kittenlike, hilarious to watch, and nowhere near as smelly as people think they are. It's really all a matter of washing their bedding regularily and NOT bathing them regularily.

Here's my two, Palom (dark chocolate sable boy) and Porom (white/black roan):

As for future pets? Not sure. A Big Floofy Cat of some sort is in our future, and I've always wanted an axolotl:

Weird, fascinating, tricky to care for. Plus I have no idea how I'd go about finding one for a pet, or if they're legal as pets. XD
Old 11-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieMackie View Post

Weird, fascinating, tricky to care for. Plus I have no idea how I'd go about finding one for a pet, or if they're legal as pets. XD
They are AWESOME! And not as tricky as you would imagine. They like cold water. Those are definitely on my wish list.

Also:

Arapawa island goats: Very primitive, the only lines of british milk goat left in existence they were left by Captain Cook on Arapawa island so future sailors could find food. I want some for backpacking.

Fallow deer, because venison is delicious, and I could have shed antlers every year.

And an argentine black and white tegu. This video must be watched to understand why:
tegu attention video
Old 11-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmom777 View Post
I want another Turkish Van cat....or two.
Ohhh.... I want a Turkish Van. Have a Turkish Angora and adore her!! Well, she's sort of a Turkish Angora ... a woman who breeds Himalayans and Turkish Angoras decided to try some crosses. I don't know what she was trying to achieve but she ended up with too many cats and had to pare down.

We adopted one of her young adults a few years ago, a retired breeder cat. She's 3/4 Turkish Angora and 1/4 Flame Point Himalayan. She's very social with people, LOVES dogs, and acts much more like a dog than a cat. She ignores the other cats and prefers the company of dogs. Here's Y.T. Cat, it's a pimped-up picture with border & sticker so you can be spared my messy work desk. But the part with just her in it is not edited ... all her. It looks like her one ear is notched ... but it's not, not sure why the picture came out that way. Gotta get more pictures of her.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:53 AM
Top Dog

I also want a White or black Persian cat.