Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Squishy22

I think a dogo would be much larger and taller. Dogos only come with black noses. A red nose would be a fault. Lips and eyes are supposed to be black pigmented. I will say that this dog has a much thicker and heavier tail than Reggin.

I love dogos. They are on my list of breeds to own some day, along with 15 other breeds. LOL.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Top Dog

It isn't pure as the tail is too thick. Looks like a pit/lab mix.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:48 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahla9999 View Post
It isn't pure as the tail is too thick. Looks like a pit/lab mix.
I wouldn't use tail thickness to judge a dog to be pure or not, especially in this breed. Out of the show ring, they aren't bred for a tail preference really.

He looks pure to me. I have seen many that look exactly like him that I know to be pure. Obviously, not from AKC/UKC lines. He is gorgeous, and I see no reason to assume he is mixed with anything else.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Squishy22

Breed standard goes right down the drain when people do not breed to standard. There is a chow next door with floppy ears, yet he is pure bred. Chihuahuas completely lose their apple head when bred improperly. I can go on and on....

Thats the reason why it can be so hard to tell weather a dog is pure bred or not. With all the bybs we have now days.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:22 PM
Top Dog

I'd say some sort of 'pit bull', although it's always hard to pin it down to an APBT specifically. But it's definitely possible. However, I believe labeling him a "pit bull" would be precise.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:36 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
I wouldn't use tail thickness to judge a dog to be pure or not, especially in this breed. Out of the show ring, they aren't bred for a tail preference really.

He looks pure to me. I have seen many that look exactly like him that I know to be pure. Obviously, not from AKC/UKC lines. He is gorgeous, and I see no reason to assume he is mixed with anything else.

Yep, i have seen some way thick tailed pitties. Not winners in the show ring for sure, but they count as pit bulls.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Dafuq?

APBT mix. Possibly Plabrador. The fur on the neck and tail is thicker than the norm.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...