Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 08-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Top Dog

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I prefer the "Snuggle Safe" heating disc. This is what we used to use in the vet clinic for patients that needed to be kept warm. It is microwaveable, holds heat very nicely and for a long time and won't burn skin. You can tuck it in any zipper bed or just put it on top of or under blankets etc. I sware by it and when I finally breed a litter it will be what I use. Here is a link.http://www.jefferspet.com/ssc/produc...snuggle%20safe
Old 08-05-2005, 12:39 PM
Top Dog

Thanks everyone but I did just want your experences lol, anyway I have just brought a infa red buld and I will be using this.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:41 PM
Puppy Dog

I use a heating pad that is wraped with a thin blanket. And have the heat setting on low. I have the heating pad away from the mom that way if the pups crawl away from her they stay warm. I used a small fire place with my last litter to keep it warm in the whelping room but I am going to probably use a small wall propane heater with my next litter (it won't take up as much space as a fireplace and I won't smoke myself out on accident again!).

showpug- I like the "Snuggle Safe" heating disc but, I don't have a microwave so it wouldn't work to well for me (we have a solar/generator runned house, so no microwave).

Ezriyah
Old 08-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by regardsbullmastiffs
I use a heating pad that is wraped with a thin blanket. And have the heat setting on low. I have the heating pad away from the mom that way if the pups crawl away from her they stay warm. I used a small fire place with my last litter to keep it warm in the whelping room but I am going to probably use a small wall propane heater with my next litter (it won't take up as much space as a fireplace and I won't smoke myself out on accident again!).

showpug- I like the "Snuggle Safe" heating disc but, I don't have a microwave so it wouldn't work to well for me (we have a solar/generator runned house, so no microwave).

Ezriyah
No microwave...how do you survive LOL!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Top Dog

Lol a friend in america sent me a snuggle disc when she heard jess was pregnant, but It still hasnt come hope it wont be late lol
Old 08-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Top Dog

Just got into this !!! Manchester , we agree !!!! I used a box with a heating pad and towel as the pups were whelped .... putting them back with Mom between births. My whelping pen was wooden 3 sides too....I too would cover the top to make a cozy den. My garage was off the family room and with furnace door open, was basically nice and warm. With goldens being a fuzzy breed , I only used a heat lamp once...I really didn't like too warm conditions for the pups, Mom kept them warm and she would get too hot . I really think it conditions the pups better and there's less chance of infections when the air isn't to warm. When they were old enough to have "playtime " in the garage they all seemed to stake out cool places to crash !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 08-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Top Dog

trust me I will need to haet the pen because if im cold then they will be cold
Old 08-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by showpug
No microwave...how do you survive LOL!!!
Lol... she must really "cook"!! What a concept! Never heard of it!!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliNHunter
Lol... she must really "cook"!! What a concept! Never heard of it!!

Yeah, we cook quite a bit. It actually is not hard to live without a microwave!

Ezriyah
Old 08-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Top Dog

Gallien...do you take your gal's temp as time nears ??

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/