Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Salty Sea Dog

i think docking can look great on some breeds if done right (and since its done SOOOO early in life...)
but i dislike cropping imensly.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-16-2008, 08:29 PM
<------RIP Superdog

I like the look of most docked breeds (by most i mean i cant think of any that i dont like at the moment). I love my dogs docked tail, and prefer the look of docked poodles.

As for crops, i dont like the look of a boxer or dane cropped. Almost all others i like though (esp. the doberman). I hate to say it, but i do like the look of a cropped pits ears (although the full ear ones are very adoreable too). For the most part, i again like the traditional d/c look of the breeds.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Boxers look AMAZING totally natural.

Docking and cropping is banned here, so I'm used to it anyway. Well, docking is recent, loving the look so far, so good.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 11-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Squishy22

I believe half pricked ears are preferred over rose in the pittie (both are natural). I vaguely remember reading that in the standard but I'm not 100% positive. I like the look of a show crop on pitties. Anything shorter than that looks hideous and hacked. I HATE seeing that. And the reason why a lot of people get them done is to make their dog look more intimidating which I dont agree with when it comes to pit bulls.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Top Dog

I prefer cropped/docked Dobermans and cropped Danes. I like both of those breeds with tails and floppy ears as well, but I like them cropped a little bit more. On Rottweilers, I like them both about equally. I used to think tailed Rotties were silly looking, but there's lots around now, so I'm used to it and like it now. Boxers, natural most definitely! I love the look of a Boxer with a tail and floppy ears. Uncropped APBTs are my preference as well. I like docked Aussies, and docked Cockers better. In fact, I don't care for a tailed Cocker or Aussie much at all for some reason.

All of that said, I never want to go through the whole taping/posting process again, so I'll hopefully just have natural dogs from here on in if I ever have another Doberman (or another traditionally cropped breed).

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN

Last edited by Toller_08; 11-16-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Top Dog

Ears cropped or tails docked, doesn't really matter to me. Except for doberman, I honestly don't think I could imagine a dobe with a tail. Just doesn't seem right to me.

Wait. Just googled a dobe with a tail. Looks okay lol.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Squishy22

Just for fun. A few pics. Now, finding a pic of a natural doberman proved too difficult!!

Natural Boxer...

Natural rottie...

Natural presa (couldn't find hardly any pics)...

Natural schnauzer...

Old 11-16-2008, 09:40 PM
just call me Nilly

I prefer docked tails on most breeds who's tails are traditionally docked.

I prefer natural ears on: Boxers, Pitties, Danes, Schnauzers.

I prefer cropped ears on: Dobes.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 11-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Squishy22

APBT ears for people who don't know....

Half pricked ears (so freaking cute).

Rose ears.

Show crop (the kind I like)

Battle crop (the kind I do NOT like)

Old 11-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundedByHounds View Post
I prefer a dog to look like the breed it is...and adhere to it's standard...and the spirit of those come before that wrote it.

If I had a problem with the way a breed looked or the way the look was achieved I'd pick another breed that fit my personal preferences, better.
I agree with Hounded. Which is why I probably will never own a dobe, not that I don't like the cropped look ( I prefer it) but its lot of work.