Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Sprayin' the spiders

The only breed I have a real opinion on is Dobermans. I love them cropped and docked. Natural Dobes are fine, they just look more....Doberman-y with a crop/dock. I've never seen a Rott with a natural tail, so I can't really compare. Boxers are fine natural or cropped to me, same with Schnauzers.

U-CH Rocket - BN RN CAA TT CGC TDI
Ruby - CD RA CGC
MBIMBS U-CH Poison
Allie the Lab
Noodle the Mini Dach
Old 11-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Twin 2.0

I like Boxers, Danes and ABPT's with natural ears.

Traditionally docked breeds just look better docked to me. I LOVE the nubbies on Aussies...they look too much like Border Collies if they have full tails. I've seen a ton of Aussies with full tails from a few people over in France and Switzerland and the dogs just look...funny...to me.

Dobes I like docked and cropped. They have such elegant heads that the huge Weim-ish ears they natural have just sort of obscure the planes and angles. Then again, I have seen some nice looking natural-eared Dobes as well.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Top Dog

In Europe,cropping and docking is banned!.My father has an airedale who is a yr old and she was cropped.She will not be allowed to show,even though she is a show quality bitch!.

Last edited by golden&hovawart; 11-16-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:15 PM
:( only one :(

The more I see them the more I'm loving the natural tail on poodles. If I had the decision my next poodle would have a long tail.

Though I have to say that on some breeds, like rotties and dobes, I really prefer the look of a docked tail. As for breeds with cropped ears, eh, I like some with or without and some only natural, such as great danes and schnauzers.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Twin 2.0

I thought Airedales were a natural-eared breed? I guess I worked in rescue too long and never saw a cropped one come though. Or do you mean she had her tail docked?
Old 11-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Top Dog

My Pyrenean Shepherds werecropped(the crop is short and once it's cut,it holds up by itself).I do prefer them cropped and docked!.

Docking and cropping is banned in europe so it's pretty normal to see these breeds with natural tails and ears!.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:17 PM
:( only one :(

Airedales aren't cropped. They have cute natural ears..... *confused*
Old 11-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Backward_Cinderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
I thought Airedales were a natural-eared breed? I guess I worked in rescue too long and never saw a cropped one come though. Or do you mean she had her tail docked?
Ears are natural, but the tail is docked, yes.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:20 PM
Twin 2.0

Ok, that's what I thought. I knew they had docked tails, it's typically a long dock, but still docked.

Oddly enough, as much as I"m really NOT a terrier person, I got fairly attatched to a couple of those 'Dales that came through. There was one who was such a shut-down, scared but still wanted to please boy...watching him open up and blossom during training was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Oh, it's *you*

I prefer a dog to look like the breed it is...and adhere to it's standard...and the spirit of those come before that wrote it.

If I had a problem with the way a breed looked or the way the look was achieved I'd pick another breed that fit my personal preferences, better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/