Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-16-2008, 04:24 PM
Top Dog

Default Ear/Tail preference?

Please do not turn this into a controversial thread. This is just for fun

So, are there any breeds that are traditionally cropped/dock that you prefer in their natural state? I hear so much about what dogs look better cropped/docked, that I never considered how people felt in the opposite way.

For me, I HATE the look of cropped boxers. It just...who thought of that? They just look so disproportional, IMO.

I prefer a doberman with natural ears, as well, though I don't think the cropped ones are terrible looking. Same with danes.

For docking, I just saw a rottweiler with a natural tail, and it was drop-dead gorgeous. I also love Australian shepherds with a full tell.

As I said, I do not want this to be turned into an anti-cropping thread.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Top Dog

I prefer the Rott,the Pyrenan Shepherd,the dobie and the boxer docked but Love the ears either way!.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:35 PM
Uffda!

Honestly, I think most traditionally docked breeds look better that way to me. Most cropped breeds I prefer uncropped, except for dobermans. I think they look great cropped. Again, these are my own preferences that really have no rhyme or reason. I don't have to really worry about it anyway because my breed of choice has naturally prick ears and a naturally short tail. All of which I like.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Backward_Cinderella

I love dobes when they're all natural. I don't mind cropped / docked, but the dobe I grew up with wasn't, so maybe for me its just a sentimental thing?
Old 11-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Resident fainting goat

i like dogs the way they are supposed to be, natural.

but i like the look of cropped dobermans ears and rotties with their little stubby tails
i think boxers look SOO SOO SOO much cuter with their ears natural.

if the only ones that could do it was experienced breeders/vets, i would have no problem with it, its their dog. but i have seen some HORRIBLE crops, messed up ears, tails, infected, deformed and PAINFUL!

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Top Dog

I like natural ears . As to tails , depends on the breed .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-16-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm All Ears

The only breed I really prefer the docked/cropped look on is the doberman. I don't mind natural, but they're just so elegant with the crop.

Rotts are absolutely stunning natural. Schnauzers I like docked but not cropped, same with boxers. Pits look much better natural, imo, and unless an Aussie has a weird half-tail, I like a full tail.

Pyr sheps I really like both ways, but it's a short, functional crop.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Squishy22

I like rotties with natural tails. The more natural rotties I see, the more I like them even more. They look more proportional and they also look like they are more agile.

Boxers look better with natural ears. So do pit bulls. Boxers look awesome WITH tails as well.

I prefer danes cropped. I prefer dobermans cropped and docked. I prefer schnauzers cropped and docked. I prefer min pins cropped and docked.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Top Dog

I think Rotties look good with or without tail. I think Danes and Boxers look MUCH better with natural ears. Boxers I like docked. I really like the look of natural eared Dobies but crops can be nice too, it depends on how they are done, some look nice some don't. I like natural eared APBTs. There is really no breed that I think looks bad natural, but I do prefer the look of some docked.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Big Dog

cant stand cropped ears on any dog, as for docked depends really, I think dobermans look fine with or without, but rotties well cus they tend to have a more hairy tail it just looks odd, however im not keen on docking either, I am adjusting to my boston terriers tail, first dog ever not to have a proper tail (his is corkscrew)

MY ANTI BSL WEBPAGE