Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 08-04-2005, 04:01 PM
stirder

exactly. the reason labs and cockers, poodles and chihuahuas are higher on the list of dog bites is because fewer owners socialize, train, control and confine those breeds.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Top Dog

Wow, that's a really great video. It made me cry, but it made me want to learn more about pit bulls. I don't really know much about them. I copied down the links at the end of the video. I would love to rescue one of those poor pups. I think it's sad that they've gotten such a bad reputation.

Last edited by Melissa_W; 08-04-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:31 PM
stirder

there are a few members here who have pits melissa, I bet they could tell you a lot of links and info about them.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Top Dog

hhmmm, yes, maybe I will pick their brains...
Old 08-04-2005, 10:58 PM
Top Dog

that makes me cry............
Old 08-06-2005, 08:01 AM
Kelpiefied

Sigh, here we go again. I'm so incredibly sick of ignorant people who believe pitbulls to be some kind of exceptionally dangerous dog who particulairly like to attack children. Pitbulls are one of the friendliest, most loving dog breeds and I would sooner trust my child with a pitbull than nearly any other breeds. Some people are so easily influenced by the media that it's ridiculous. Ten years back it was dobes and shepherds, now the poor old pittie is copping it (as if that breed needs MORE problems to deal with!)
Old 08-06-2005, 08:51 AM
yuckaduck

3 year old attacked in own home by pet pit bull. [Toronto]
5year old bite by pet pit bull [Toronto]
2 pit bulls maul a toy poodle and kill it [Toronto]
2 pit bulls attack toddler, badly disfigured [Ottawa Area]

These are recent attacks that are only off the top of my head. So either the pit bulls in this area have serious breeding problems or are not raised properly. Or there is something to the reputation. Personally I think any dog is capable of biting or attacking but you seem to hear so much about the pitties. As a result I would never ever have a pit bull or any bully breed near my kids. I am not condeming the breed but I do think owners should be held responsible for their dogs and if something horrible like this happens not only should the dog be destroyed but the owner should be charged as well. If pwners could just be responsible. This is why the Ontario government is trying to ban pit bulls in Ontario and those already existing will be forced to wear a muzzle when outside of their house even in a fenced in yard.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:23 AM
BusterLove

Im sorry yuckaduck I dont agree with your statments about pits being muzzled in public. We have a mastiff, boxer, American bulldog X (we think) and she is just the sweetest thing. I have grown up with dogs all my life and believe they can serve as GREAT protection for your kids. I cant see a dog attacking a child without a trigger, it isnt that I wouldnt leave my kids alone with my dog for the fear of the kids being attacked, but that I wouldnt leave my dog alone with kids for fear of it being taunted.

Old 08-06-2005, 09:30 AM
BusterLove

and eventhough I dont much like "bully" breeds. (their look not their stertotype) the more I research them the more I am falling for pits.

Old 08-06-2005, 09:37 AM
BusterLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuckaduck
3 year old attacked in own home by pet pit bull. [Toronto]
5year old bite by pet pit bull [Toronto]
2 pit bulls maul a toy poodle and kill it [Toronto]
2 pit bulls attack toddler, badly disfigured [Ottawa Area]
ok, i saw that and I researched it. I decided to use labs as this thread is now about breed discrimination, and I found this site.
http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/pet/88815821.html
on it is a list of links to lab attacks.