Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 08-04-2005, 01:56 PM
stirder

Default many have probably seen this but...

think everyone should watch this atleast once. and I think someone on here was creating a pit bull website, you might like this.

http://members.petfinder.org/~NJ309/pitvideo.swf

be warned, some of the pictures are pretty graphic, but this is the best propoganda in defense of pit bulls I have ever seen.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:11 PM

Good stuff

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand
Old 08-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Big German Shepherd

I've seen it before--it's very good. Sad.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:20 PM
yuckaduck

Pit bulls were breed for fighting that was the whole point to the breed, hence PIT bulls. They use to fight in a pit. I believe all dog fighting should be banned period. Not the dogs the actually act of fighting dogs. However I must admit I would never ever allow a pit bull or anything with the look of a pit bull near my kids. I have no trust in the breed but I also have no trust in the Saint Bernard breed because in Canada they are having big problems with them snapping. They blame it on the brain growing to big for the skull. Anyway I do believe pit bull should be fenced in and owners should maintain control at all times. I don't not believe in the one free bite rule, one bite is all it takes and it allows owners to be irresponsible. I do believe pit bulls should be muzzled in public, too many times they escape from their owner and maul another dog, which is what they are bred to do, or attack a person. I would trust a lab anyday over a pit. But I do not agree with the ban because there are responsible owners who are being punished. They should not suffer due to the irresponsible owners.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Big German Shepherd

Why not have every breed muzzled in public then? Statistically a Lab and Cocker spaniel, as it said in the video, are way more dangerous.

That's not fair that because the media decides to literally butcher a breed that they have to wear a muzzle.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:33 PM
stirder

actually pit bulls were never bred to be aggressive towards humans, ever. and I disagree with you yuckaduck, I think ALL dogs should be fenced in and controlled at ALL times no matter what the breed. and I think there should be regulations, a test everyone has to take before being allowed to have a dog. if your scores says you are not allowed to have the most high drive, dominant, aggressive, dangerous hard headed breeds then you cannot even get a chihuahua. should have to qualify to have the most dangerous before you can have the least dangerous. be able to take the test as often as the drivers license test so if you fail you can go learn more. test should also be worded differently for every person.
untill we can trust the feds enough to allow such regulations, no dog should be banned and no dog should be required to wear anything other than a leash. if a dog bites someone, they lose the dog, get a huge fine (not a set fine, but say 10% of their annual income) and a month in prison, or atleast house arrest with the little anklet on. and after that if they are ever found in ownership of a dog, or in physical control of a dog, or a friend or family member brings a dog to visit them they get a new fine of: home owner loses their house. non home owner loses 50% of annual income for that year in a fine.
sure, maybe the fines and punishments are too high, feel free to lower them but they should be high enough that people would fear them, and that people wouldnt just think "oh a $100 fine and I lose my dog? no biggy I'll pay the fine and buy a new dog cause I make more than $100 every time the dog fights." and it should apply to EVERYONE and EVERY BREED. heck, throw cats in there. cat bites or scratches someone other than a break in, fire rescue, or vet visit you get the same punishment.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:34 PM
stirder

and I have met far more pit bulls and their relative bully breeds that I would much sooner trust with my children and family (under supervision, no dog should ever be around children or strandgers without supervision) than I have met labs, cockers, saints, newfies etc etc etc.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Big German Shepherd

That's very true, Stirder. Pit bulls were bred to be as human friendly as absolute possible but to be animal-aggressive.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:53 PM
yuckaduck

Each to their own but I will never allow any pit bull near my kids, it just is not worth the chance to me. Any video can say anything to it is whether you choose to believe it or not. Labs are very people driven and I am sorry but I do not believe that they bite more than a pit bull. But if you want to save a breed you need to use words like that to do it. I don't think they should be banned but there should be some pretty serious regulations to go with the breed. You are right though all dogs should be leashed and controlled. I don't let Yuck near anyone. Who knows what he will do if provoked.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Big German Shepherd

Any dog is as dangerous as their owner allows it to be....