Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 11-13-2008, 10:49 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default Mary

A few people expressed a liking to my avie. I hadn't posted the picture because it was not a good seeing day for SMkie when i took that. But i went back and tried to bring it out a little because i like it too.

Adroits thread about one word has had me thinking for days. THere isn't one word i can think of that will describe VIctor..i haven't been able to wean that down to a dozen. Pepper i am still getting to know. SHe is like a book that only lets you read a chapter at a time, then makes you go off and think about it for a good long while.

But Mary, i think i can. ANd that would be Compassionate. WHatcha think? Would you tell this dog your secrets, or shed your tears? DO you think she would understand? ANd fuss over your babies, and cheer you up when your down, and make you smile when your not? http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/sh...hp?photo=10642

I kiss her on the forehead, and she always sighs a deep sigh. I do not know anyone on this planet i understand as well as i do my Mary. SHe is so much family, we raised both of ours together..but it is more then that. SHe's sister and mother and best friend all wrapped up in one. I tuck her in at night so she won't get cold..but she never stays that way. I cover her each time i wake. SHe is always the one to announce the morning and the "love in" for lack of better words to describe it, that 10 minutes we all greet and be sweet to each other before we start our day.
NOt just me petting them, but they nibbling and licking each other's face and ears. Victor is always sweet to his mommy. HE is sweet to Pepper now too which always takes her by surprise.

I take Hy to school with mary in the back seat. I always give her last bite...and she always knows i will. SHe never asks, or pushes, or rains drool and bubbles like VIctor. WHen she walks, her tail always wags. EVEn tho i know it hurts her. Yesterday she didnt' get up so much. NEither did i. I don't feel well and she's tired. BUt the "little kid" has had all the cooped up she can take. SO when i put them in the car, Mary will want to go along. I will boost her bottom in the car IF she needs me to. AT the park we will watch "the little kids" play.

THen at home i will clean and remind her why she is lucky to be a dog and not a human,no cleaning, no bills, i can say that because she will be there watching me, keeping me company.

SHe likes old country music and she use to dance by rocking foot to foot. SHe doens't do that anymore, but she still likes it all the same and thump a tumps to let me know. SHe always lays beneath the piano when i play. ONCe she came up and gently set her muzzle on one key, and it made one sound. THen she took up her usual place beneath the baby grand.

I don't know a soul that has gotten more beautiful with age. INside and out.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,

Last edited by Renee750il; 11-13-2008 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Insert photo
Old 11-13-2008, 11:34 AM
<--------Orson

Awe smkie, that IS a wonderful picture of Mary, and those are lovely words written about her from someone who obviously loves her very, very much with all their heart
Old 11-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Top Dog

Dear, sweet Mary .................love that old gal !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-13-2008, 03:39 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

IT was so nice out late morning. I took them to the field and she turned (selective deafness lately) and trotted her way to the woods. I had to go after her she was so excited. She still had a lovely time in the field while "The kids" did their hunting.
Very very much with all my heart is right, she had such a happy face and a skip in her get along. HEr body may have changed but her mind just won't admit it.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-13-2008, 03:56 PM
MyHorseMyRules

Such a wonderful picture of Beautiful Mary. I know I'd tell her all my secrets, and I know she'd understand. I mean, look at that face. Something about her just makes you want to pour your heart out to her.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:26 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

and you wouldn't even have to say it outloud, she would just know

I use to watch her stay close to whatever child was upset

then i got to enjoy her "Crush" on Justin
she was down right demure

we just got done putting stuff away outside
SHe limps beside me but her face is happy and her tail never stops.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 11-13-2008, 05:08 PM
Uffda!

Everytime I see Mary's picture I think of my childhood dog Lacey. There's something in their eyes that just soothes the soul.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:14 PM
swimming upstream

I just love Mary.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

Awww, Mary. If it wasn't so apparent how much love she already has, I'd say I want to steal her... but I couldn't. You give each other so much!

Lovely picture of her. Absolutely beautiful!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 11-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Top Dog

Smkie, with all your wonderful and detailed descriptions of her ... how could anyone NOT love Mary?!? I have never had the pleasure of meeting her ... but yes, I love Mary. Puppies are cute and young dogs are wonderful ... but there is nothing like the steadfast, faithful, and soulful love of a senior dog.

Beautiful picture of her ... she's a very pretty girl.