Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Active Pup

Question Treeing Tennessee Brindle?

Are tennessee brindles a full or pure breed? My puppy is black with brindle trim and a white chest and i think she is a treeing tennessee brindle but sometimes i think there is boxer in her....i just discovered about the TTB and first i thought she was coonhound boxer. I was thinking TTBs are a mix but one site didnt say because it read that you can't "make" a TTB and that its more of taking the best of the best treeing or hunting kind. If anybody knows a lot about these dogs let me know
Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Walks into Mordor

Hmm. Sorry, I don't know much about those dogs. But I do know that they are considered a "pure" breed of dog.

I think it's very unlikely you have a Treeing Tennessee Brindle. They're not common dogs. The odds of happening across a TTB puppy are very slim. But it also depends on your area. For example, If you live in the middle of Tennessee, your pup could possibly be a TTB or TTB mix. But if you live in California or New York? I really doubt it. I think it's much more likely that you have a mixed breed who happens to resemble a TTB.

Can you post pictures of the puppy? Maybe we can take a shot at guessing what she is. And we LOVE puppy pictures.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Top Dog

just a line of mountain cur treated as a different breed like the kemmers, faulkners & stephens. as i understand it the TTB is all brindle not a solid w/ trim. however here is a list of all the cur & hound breeds that COMMONLY come in that color & marking pattern
plott
leopard cur
catahoula
blackmouth cur
mountain cur
july hound
Old 11-13-2008, 04:24 AM
Big Dog

Is it really treeing? I mean treeing without teaching, naturally?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Top Dog

yes, although no breed is 100% most coonhounds, feist and many curs will scent tree instinctively and most dogs will sight tree w/o any training.