Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 11-11-2008, 09:07 AM
RedyreRottweilers

Default Seven years

It's been 7 years since that terrible day when I had to release you from your ravaged body that was being destroyed by the cancer.

Some of the pain and awfulness of that black day have faded, but it is still a very painful memory.

It is easier now to smile when I think of you. That eternal grin on your face. The way you LOVED your boomer ballie.

When you came to live with me, you were a gangly awkward WILD flat footed black faced crazy little dog. I loved you with my entire heart and soul from the first time I saw you.

You were my first show dog, and you introduced me to many people who have become lifelong friends and mentors. I am so glad I have the memory of earning my very first AKC CH point with you on the end of my lead. We got Booxbaumed!

It took me 9 years to finally get that last leg on your CD title, but you did it in style. I was so proud.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:07 AM
RedyreRottweilers

I was never prouder than when we won the Veteran Sweeps, and you were 11 years old!! It was a bittersweet moment. Everyone knows at age 11 Rottweilers are in the twilight of their lifetime. Little did I know you would be gone in little more than 2 months.....

We still made it to MRC that year. Even tho you were very sick, you still managed to have a great time, and as usual, make me smile.

You were my Roxy girl, my puppysmurf, my purpalurpa, my wibba, and so many other pet names. I miss you still, smurfapurf. I will never forget what the top of your head smelled like, or how you would snuggle with me, so still, in the mornings before it was time to get up.

I will remember you always, the way you lived life. Full bore, wide open, balls to the wall, non stop.

See you one of these days on the other side, my puppy girl.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Felurian

Dammit, Red . . . makin' me cry this morning . . . .

What a beauty Roxy is - inside and out. It shows in her eyes

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Top Dog

She seems amazing Red. ((((((((hugs))))))))
Old 11-11-2008, 03:13 PM
Kotah BEAR

I'm so sorry Red. (((HUGS)))
Roxy is gorgeous.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:19 PM
:( only one :(

Aw, what a sweet looking gal! They never leave our hearts, do they?!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Top Dog

Such wonderful memories for you !!! I've lost so many over my many years and it's always so hard . We all have to remember that 10 years from now , most of our wonderful Chaz dogs will have passed on the The Rainbow Bridge. Enjoy every day now !! I thank Ollie every night, while we cuddle , for being here for me .... and the ones above for sending him to me .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-11-2008, 04:44 PM
CASSA

Look ive been upset for the day now im cying great post great great post.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill
[B[/B].
Old 11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Top Dog

Sounds like she was a spectacular dog. Rest easy knowing she had such a great life with you.

Thanks Steveinski!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Top Dog

What a great dog! And such a wonderful tribute to him. The memories keep us going, don't they...and yet make us miss them still. He had a good, long life though and you can be glad for that. Lovely dog.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson