Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 11-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Top Dog

Question Purina dog food?

Can anyone give me some good links as to why Purina dog foods are not good quality.

Someone is posting on another board I am on that the beneful and Purina ONE and Pro-Plan as good lines of dog food.

I am pretty sure this is not the case, but I would like the information to back this up when I go to reply.

I did tell the OP about the dogfoodproject website, but this is someone who has replied to the OP's post saying Purina is a good food, but she used to work for Purina.

Thanks!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Just try me..

I would list the ingredients and point out there is more grain in there than anything else. In Beneful there is more salt than there are veggies. Ask why carnivours are being fed primarily grains? And why are more and more top breeders and competitors going raw or grain free.

Google dog food die for.. some good articles.

Ask why purina uses 4 D meat and why its tested positive (in an independent lab) for the same drug that is used to euthanize cats and dogs. (which stems from 'by-products if you listen to the people at rendering plants)
Old 11-07-2008, 12:35 PM
<----Thanks Allie

.... I think the ingredients speak for themselves on why those are bad foods....
Old 11-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Top Dog

She posted the same thing on my board, too. I don't even feel like arguing. I actually hate when dog stuff gets brought up on other boards because no one ever seems to want to hear good advice so I just don't comment at all
Old 11-07-2008, 06:13 PM
just call me Nilly

If it were me, I'd pick apart the ingredients list for Beneful and Purina Dog Chow, explaining bit by bit what is exactly wrong with it. Then post the ingredients list of a GOOD food, and not say anything. People will be able to see for themselves.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 11-07-2008, 06:29 PM
treehugging clicker freak

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index....badingredients

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 11-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Top Dog

I bought Purina for at least 40 years and didn't switch over until I joined Chaz and was shamed into it . I've always supplimented and can truthfully say that I don't see any change ..... but it makes me feel better to serve a better food !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Felurian

Grammy, Purina was, once upon a time, a decent food. Now it's conglomerate owned and used as a dumping ground to make a profit on waste that SHOULD be discarded as unfit for use.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Top Dog

Understand !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Top Dog

Thanks everyone!

I know Pam, but I can't help getting involved. I probably got a lot more involved than I should on the designer breed crap being talked about in the what puppy should Obama get thread! It seems no one really WANTS to learn the truth about any of it. They just want to keep believing whatever they believe without researching any of it.

So I am not sure whether I will post or not. They all think that whatever their vet says is 100% great information, even if the vet says Iams or Purina is great food.