Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > Member Introductions

Old 09-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Jett29

Smile Jack Russell Owner, New to This Forum

Hi, my name is Jett ( not my real name but a nickname). I am a 29 year old female from Illinois and I have an adorable Jack Russell Terrier named Wishbone. He is really cute!!! Like most Jacks, he loves to bark, dig, and is very loving and smart. If you want to know more about him, just let me know. I have a lot of stories to tell. If you also have a Jack or any other breed of dog and would like to chat about it, feel free to email me, pm me or leave a reply on this thread. Thanks!

Old 09-01-2004, 07:31 PM
Show Dog

welcome to the forums!! Wishbone is a cutie! we love all kind of dog breeds here, so tell us more about Wishbone!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Felurian

Hey, Jett and Wishbone!

Post away! We're all about talking about our doggies here! Love the little JRTs. They're not really little dogs; they're compact dogs. Squooshed up tight inside those little bodies is a 90 pound whirlwind.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Jett29

Yes he can be a little whirlwind. He will get very excited if he knows he is going somewhere with me or is getting a special treat. he can be pretty lazy and lays around a lot so he is pretty laid back for a Jack Russell. Just everybody that meets him loves him and I have had offers to sell him. He is a pretty good dog but of course not without his little quirks .He can be sneaky and bossy but I love him anyways. He is the joy of my life and a great pleasure to have around the house.Wouldn't trade him for the world!

Well I could go on but why tell everything and not leave anything for later?So I will close this for now. Be sure to tell me a little bit about your " babies".

Take care and thanks for welcoming me to this forum!
Old 09-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Puppy Dog

I love Jacks...never had one though..but I plan on getting one eventually.

I used to watch that "Wishbone" show when I was younger.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett29
]

Well I could go on but why tell everything and not leave anything for later?So I will close this for now. Be sure to tell me a little bit about your " babies".

Take care and thanks for welcoming me to this forum!
(ROFL) Oh, there are stories about my Monsters all over this forum! They're constantly into something, especially Shiva. Even when she was a "little" pup of only 70 pounds or so, she was a real handful and just bursting with energy. I've remarked that she was really a Jack Russell on some kickin' steroids instead of a Fila! You haven't lived until you've had a 130 + pound puppy jumping and dancing around you on her hind legs . . .
Old 09-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Jett29

Wishbone loves to get into things, too. I don't ever dare leave anything laying around or he will get it. He is sneaky (as I said before) and I often don't catch him. I often don't know he has stolen until I am cleaning out under the bed and find things like food wrappers, chewed up pens, and underwear.

That little sneak!!

Say hi to Shiva for me... she looks like one big oversized baby. And she jumps around because she must be a very happy dog!( I wish I had that much energy!) .

Thanks for telling me about her, I will be posting more about Wishbone as soon as I get more familiar with this forum.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Dogs Made Easy!

Hi, Jett! I don't get over here much, so I'm catching up on my welcomes. The more terrier, the more the merrier I say!
Kit
Old 09-02-2004, 05:57 PM
Jett29

I agree the more terrier the merrier. A few weeks ago I was at a yard sale and these people had a 10 week old yorkie. It was the tiniest dog I have ever seen.. I held him and he could not have weighed more than a few ounces. He was really sweet and was giving me kisses.

I love the terrier personality. My Wishbone is a lively little guy but not as hyper as he used to be. He is 4 years old and beginning to settle with age. I think he naps a lot for a Jack Russell but when he gets his energy spurts ,watch out!! He minds much better with me than when my mom is babysitting him. She lets him get away with too much but Wishbone knows he has her trained ( terriers are great at training people). At my place I sometimes do catch him on the coffee table or I might find that a little waste basket has been emptied and the contents scattered but he does not do any of this right infront of me.

And he has this little bad habit that I can tell when he has done something he shouldn't. Last weekend, it rained a lot. Wishbone is housebroken but hates rain. I saw him just walking around with his ears back and tail behind his legs.

I ask him, " Wishbone have you been bad?" Later I end up finding a wet spot. That answers my question.

Stay tuned for more Wishbone stories. And thanks for the welcome!
Old 09-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Felurian

That's so funny that he hides things! When I was four my parents got me a Toy Fox Terrier puppy. (That's what they called her, but looking back at her photos and her size, I think she was actually a Jack Russell.) Mickey would save little bits of food, find pieces of paper or filch foil out of the trash, wrap the food up and stick it under the refrigerator.

Kharma steals Shiva's toys, my shoes, and anything that catches her fancy and hides it in "nests" she's made all over the house. We still can't find the remotes to the DVD player or the home theatre system.

Shiva steals peanut butter every chance she gets. She knows how to unscrew the lid, and will eat as much as she wants, hide the jar and go back and finish it later.

Bimmer is my Good Boy. He tells on the girls when they're getting into too much trouble and sometimes just reads them the riot act himself. He also spends a lot of time with a worried look on his face!