Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 08-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

Default Royal Canin Puppy food?

Royal Canin isn't bad right? We read the ingredients, and it seems to have the most nutrition than others we checked
Old 08-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Top Dog

I think Royal Canin is just fine BTW, your puppy is very cute and I am so happy to see that you got a pooch!!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Quigleyfied

royal canin is not great, one of the better mainstream foods, but it's expensive. it definitely beats the heck out of purina, science diet, nutro and so on, but doesn't measure up to innova, canidae, eagle pack etc.

you can get much better quality brands for the same price as you'd pay for royal canin.

the drawback is that you most likely won't find the really good brands at the big chain stores like petco or petsmart. i know petco is doing a little better these days, they sell eagle pack through their website and in some stores, and some also sell solid gold, but you are really much better off shopping at a small, local chain or individual store.

petsmart only offers one brand of food worth looking at: blue buffalo. it's quite expensive tho, you can get most other high-end brands for less.

if you want to support the san diego SPCA, they sell natura foods at their 5500 gaines street location. (619) 243-3451.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 08-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Top Dog

Mordy...how does Blue Buffalo measure up to Innova Evo? If you had to say one was better than the other which one would it be?
Old 08-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Top Dog

I'm with Mordy - I found out after 5 months that feeding Innova was cheaper than Nutro/RC etc.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Quigleyfied

blue buffalo isn't bad. it's overpriced tho, for what it offers. i've found it to be more expensive than innova (which it was designed to be a knock-off of) and the manufacturer isn't as open and forthcoming about ingredient information as the folks at natura.

that being said, it's definitely one of the better foods, but it does contain menadione.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!