Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 11-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Squishy22

The pic where he mentioned the rottie is 130 pounds does not look 130 pounds. Other than the dogs pictured with his wife or daughter, yes, I think they are probably stolen. One rottie looks grossly overweight. The GSD pics are WAY suspicious. Also, it looks like he is lying about the 9 month old rotties age.

Sorry, but those "piranha" dogs look APBT or staffy. I think his story on that "breed" is a figment of his imagination.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggin View Post
And gotta love their masively over sized rotties. BTW, the guy says that most rotties will back off if a threat hurts them. Hmmm, not sure if I would assume that of the breed.
Actually a lot probably would. That'd be all the nervous puppy mill rotties that I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDlover_4ever View Post
They are cute, but false advertisement. I like smaller dogs for protection but not THAT small. 50lbs at least, and it better be one physcho Mal .
Yup.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 11-03-2008, 11:40 AM
overdogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Is it wrong that I think the Pirhanas are kind of cute? I mean, I don't need 20 lbs of "bone-crushing power", but they kind of remind me of less-stocky staff-bulls.
i'd love me a little 25 pound "pocket pit".
and Bean FDCh-S
Save the pit bull, Save the world
Are you Unruly?
Old 11-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgipower View Post
Actually a lot probably would. That'd be all the nervous puppy mill rotties that I've seen.

Yup.

My mom grew up with a BYB gsd and rottie. One time they went camping, and the dogs slept in the tent with the kids. A black bear came up to the tent and both dogs freaked and cowered behind my 7 year old mother with the bear 10 feet away from them. Sorry to say, most rotties I have met were chicken butts. Strider's trainer was nearly attacked while walking her scottie by two huge offleash rotts. She knows dog body language, and they were fully intending to rip her a new one. She just stood up really tall and said in her most commanding voice, "YOU WILL NOT!", and they ran home whimpering. The owner of the dogs then came out and yelled at her thinking she had used a cattle prod or something on his "guard dogs". She ripped him a new one.

The little pitties are cute, not someplace I would ever ever want to get a dog from though.

ETA: Reina is about the same size and build as Strider's little blue pittie girlfriend from Tucson. She was so awesome, with just a lovely temperament. She was the only dog that could keep up with him.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Top Dog

Oh great. That slob is doing sooo much to better the reputations of Staffies, Pits, Rotties, and GSDs.

And ummmm ..."rent-a-guard-dog"?!? Whatta jerk!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegy View Post
i'd love me a little 25 pound "pocket pit".
Pssstt ... Elegy ... check out Nolu's latest FOHA thread in the 'pictures' forum!! They have the sweetest looking little female Staffie!!! Not a Staffie person myself (like more fur on dogs) but heck, *I* want that FOHA Staffie!!! They say she's about 20-ish pounds or so, very sweet and a velcro-dog!!
Old 11-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Salty Sea Dog

now ive seen it all...teacup pit/staffy-bulls!

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 11-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

just someone trying to cash in on pitterpats (apbtXpatterdale) by giving it a "cool" name. the original use for such crosses was den dogs on coyote & lower weight classes in weight pull.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Active Pup

I love the stockier rotties, but generally, I love stocky dogs period.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:49 AM
RedyreRottweilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Sorry to say, most rotties I have met were chicken butts. Strider's trainer was nearly attacked while walking her scottie by two huge offleash rotts. She knows dog body language, and they were fully intending to rip her a new one. She just stood up really tall and said in her most commanding voice, "YOU WILL NOT!", and they ran home whimpering. The owner of the dogs then came out and yelled at her thinking she had used a cattle prod or something on his "guard dogs". She ripped him a new one.
She was very lucky. In my personal experience over 20+ years and having been around literally hundreds of this breed, that experience is not typical.

Most of these dogs WILL bring a fight if they are challenged.

If you are reading this and you are ever confronted by a Rottweiler, my advice is don't challenge the dog. Put something between the dog and yourself, and back away calmly and slowly until you can get to a safe place.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Squishy22

In my experience with meeting many rotties as well as owning one, they are one of the most confident dogs I have ever come across. Most had nerves of steel and they were all byb produced. That is the one thing I miss most about the breed, because both of my current dogs have fear aggression issues since they were very young puppies. With Reggin, its other dogs, and with pebbs, its people.