Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 10-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Top Dog

Default Westie Puppy picture dump ....

Not posted any pictures yet. Here's a bunch ...

First picture at 9 weeks. Cats ignore that toy .. he was obsessed with getting the mouse out and tired himself out.

9 weeks ... pouncing a rawhide present someone sent him.

About 10 weeks old:

more ....
Old 10-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Top Dog

Close-up at 10 weeks:

Bottles are the best toys, right?

Wrestling the bottle ...

Outgrowing the cat toy!

one more coming ...
Old 10-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Top Dog

Wearing a shirt ... and the former tear stains grown out!
(Purified water + a little ester-C)

Old 10-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Top Dog

OMG *dies* Westie puppy cuteness! We need more What's his name? What breeder did you get him from (too personal you can ignore )?

I needed a WHWT puppy fix LOL, funny how when you are around a whole herd for long periods of time you go crazy, live with only one and you suffer withdraws
Old 10-30-2008, 05:59 PM
swimming upstream

oh my is he cuuuuuuute!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:03 PM

Dang, Dang, DANG...he's cute. I have 3 Westie puppies in one of my classes and they're all full of the dickens. I just love this breed and your little guy is extra, specail adorable!!

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 10-30-2008, 06:39 PM
<--------Orson

Oh he is a DARLING! What's his personality like? I haven't been around in Westies in person
Old 10-31-2008, 08:38 AM
Love my pets

How adorable! I had the same toy for my cats and the dogs loved it too!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Top Dog

Thanks ya'll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2dogs View Post
OMG *dies* Westie puppy cuteness! We need more What's his name? What breeder did you get him from (too personal you can ignore )?
His name's Riley ... my sister named him b/c we suck at naming. (Our Turkish Angora is Y.T. Cat, as in "whitey cat", ... so he may have ended up Y.T. Dog ::sigh:: ) Others suggested typical Scottish names of every male Westie or stuff like Snowball, Snowy, Frosty, ... too stereotypical. Sis named him for what she heard on speaker phone ... him getting riled up and doing his zoomy laps around the house.

He's from a small hobby breeder recognized by WHWTCA but with no kennel name. We planned a puppy when we still had our senior Golden, Cheyenne. She loved puppies and would have been a big help raising him.

My guy wanted either a Scottie, Westie, or Cairn, in that order. I was not keen on a terrier because we have cats. But research from breeders, rescue and others said Westies do well with cats if raised with them from puppyhood ... but Scotties and Cairns can still be iffy. We hadn't even put our names on any list yet when we suddenly lost Cheyenne ... then "her" cat Peanut a few weeks later. (Cheyenne from her geriatric heart, Peanut from grief over Cheyenne ... vets found nothing wrong but that cat was wasting away.) Everything was put on indefinite hold.

2 1/2 months later one of my guy's colleagues mentioned this small hobby breeder, a friend who had a buyer back-out. Small litter with one female who went to the buyer on top of the list, the rest took males except one. That buyer hemmed and hawed (probably b/c of non-refundable deposit) then finally refused to "settle" for a male, and the breeder was not planning another litter anytime soon. Strangely enough we were previously advised to get a male b/c we were told Westie females are better hunters, the males tend to be softer. All went well so that was it ... we had our puppy ... the male someone else refused. He came already crate-trained, collar-trained and socialized with kids and other dogs from the beginning ... he was 9 1/2 weeks old.

Strange thing was that we lost Cheyenne suddenly on Father's Day ... the first Father's Day without my own Dad, who had passed away shortly before last Christmas. The day Riley was brought home in August was the day that would have been my Dad's next birthday.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
What's his personality like? I haven't been around in Westies in person
Friendly, playful, loves kids, and just so gosh darn *happy* all the time! He's a real cuddler, his breed profile says he shouldn't be, but he didn't read those parts.

Not too much "terriertude" in this guy ... which makes me happier. He learns very quickly and is fairly calm ... except for once-daily crazy zoomies early evenings. He's surprisingly agile on those short little legs ... has yet to knock anything over or crash into anybody during zoomies ... which makes the cats happier. He will bark at the door but it's not shrill-sounding and he's not a yapper. He barks for a bit, but if nobody gets up then guess he figures his job is done. (Lots of times it's FedEx so we don't always get the door right away.)

He's funny in that if I say "Riley, sit!" during his zoomies he'll stop on dime and sit for a few seconds ... then it's off on the zoomie again. If I say "Riley, come!" he'll zoom on over, sit, and look up until I say "Go ahead, go" ... then it's back to zoomies. He konks out of the zoomie after about 30 - 40 minutes, if there's no available lap then he goes into his crate himself for a nap.

He loves to watch T.V. ... will sit on the couch in the T.V. room all by himself and watch ... as long as it's Animal Planet, a football game, music, or anything with kids talking or laughing. If there's a crying baby on T.V. he cries too, but he hasn't figured out how to work the remote yet. His best friend is Y.T. Cat ... or whomever just gave him a treat ... he's very food motivated.