why is he doing this now??

racerx520

ive posted here several times due to my husky, hes approx. 1-3 years old and hes doing pretty well with the training so far...except for a few minor problems and set backs, but thats not why im posting here today...the most recent thing is that he is peeing on my moms stuff, we already have him house broken (or so we thought) and when he is able to get out ofhis crate, he has peed on my moms blanket downstairs and her chair at the kitchen table. im not too sure why he's doing this but i can tell you, he isnt being deprived of attention, he makes sure that he gets all the attention he needs and will get it. that would be the only logical explination that i can think of for him peeing is that he is attention hungry, but thats not a factor here...anyone have any ideas?

racerx520

no not yet...hes scheduled to be neutered on the 12th of november...do you think this really has that much playin why he's acting this way?

Maxy24

How is his relationship with your mom, some cats have been known to mark the clothing of people in the household who never/rarely handle them because nothing of their has the cat's scent, so he's putting it on himself (or at least that's the theory I've heard). I would make sure he is always supervised, keep mom's things out of reach and hopefully prevention and the neuter will help out a lot. Remember the more chances he has to do it the more likely it is to form a habit.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Being intact could be a part of it. Also, you say he does this when he's able to get out of his crate. Is he housebroken or is he crate trained? If all he knows is to not pee in his crate, then he needs to be taught to not pee in other parts of the house also. Another possibility is a UTI.

v-girl

If he is only doing it on your mother's things, I would guess that he is marking. Maybe taking claim, or dominance over her. I have also heard of animals marking because of something he may preceive as negative from your mother or someone else she is around. Or maybe she around another animal that their scent is making him mark her clothes. Being that he's intact, marking would be my best guess.

racerx520

well i know that she does get angry at him (shes hit him once or twice for jumping on the furniture, but very lightly with his own toy) and that was one of my original theories...he seems to be well house broken, he was a strayand we adopted him and it took 2 days and he learned to stop peeing in the house, i think it was just cuz it was a new place...but yeah that stuff of mymoms was normally upstairs......her theory is cuz she's the only female in the house, but i think she's just being paranoid and crazy

Members online