Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-30-2004, 10:32 AM
Big Dog

Default 10 month old Boxer needs new home.

Hey you guys - I have a co-worker that has a full bred Boxer and he wants to find a new loving home for her. He has discovered the Boxer is not a match for his family and can no longer keep her. He hates to give her away but feels its necessary for all. Should you know anyone who is interested, please respond or send an email to me at:

[email protected]
Old 08-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Felurian

That's a real shame. At 10 months old your almost over the most frenetic part of puppyhood. At least he's looking for a home for her instead of just dumping her in a shelter, though!

Good luck. There are quite a few people living in Texas on this forum. Maybe it would help if they knew what part of Texas this pup lives in . . . Maybe Ti will have some ideas, she lives in Texas and her sister has a Boxer; they might know of someone who just can't live without one after seeing Harley.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Big Dog

The person who has this Boxer to give away is in the Houston, Texas area.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I live in Lake Jackson, which is just about 45 miles south of houston. I will ask around and see if anyone is interested. Do you know very much about the dogs demeanor and attitude?
Old 08-30-2004, 03:41 PM
Big Dog

From what I understand the puppy is in that real hyper playful stage and she is a little rough sometimes. She will not try to bit you if you act like you are taking her food or anything like that. I think the thing that caused this decission was the dog was racing thru the house and plowed into my co-workers knee bad enough to cause surgery. I just dont think they were ready for a large breed dog with that much energy. He said the dog loves to go to Petsmart, doesnt mind the vet and loves people. The puppy that size with that kind of energy was just more than they expected and its getting to a point where they do not enjoy having the dog around. I think some basic obediance would be a great idea and the puppy probably need more interaction than she is getting.

If you need more information, please feel free email me or call 800-456-9712.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2004, 08:15 PM
Felurian

You've got to understand, Cidney, that I have to adjust my brain to think of a Boxer as a large dog! Bimmer is my 'small dog!' It's hard for me to think in terms of a Boxer being a difficult dog to handle. But you've heard about my Monsters! And Shiva was completely atypical - as rambunctious as a Jack Russell!

How's your friend's knee doing? Knee surgery can really be painful, and it's impossible to stay off of it afterwards, too!
Old 08-31-2004, 09:15 AM
doggydogluver

Lightbulb Boxers

Boxers are so cute I don't know why people wont bye them. I have my own. I love other dogs too. I had tuns of dogs in the past. all kinds. Everyone should have a home and be treated right dogs too!

From,
doggydogluver
Old 08-31-2004, 10:05 AM
Smooshie

Awww...well I hope she finds a good home. Maybe try crossposting this on some Boxer specific forums, or contact your local Boxer rescue...they will find her a great home!

here is the link and contact info for the Boxer rescue near Houston:

http://www.lonestarboxerrescue.com/

Lone Star Boxer Rescue
P.O. Box 541286
Houston, Texas 77254-1286
713.464.0952 fax
[email protected]

Good Luck! Let us know what happens.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:50 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Cidney, do you know how much they are asking for the puppy? $$$$ I may have someone that is interested in getting her. What color is she?