Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 10-18-2008, 04:03 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Default Natures Variety: Instinct

I need opinions - I've been feeding it for over a month now and the dogs are doing very well on it. I had to find something after the dogs did horribly on the "new and improved" Canidae , but I need extra eyes to make sure its good enough for my babies!

linky.

Quote:
INGREDIENTS: Chicken Meal, Tapioca, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Pumpkinseeds, Menhaden Fish Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Montmorillonite Clay, Natural Chicken Flavor, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Beta Carotene, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Dried Kelp, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite), Chicken Liver, Sea Salt, Inulin, Flaxseed Oil, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Apples, Carrots, Peas, Cottage Cheese, Chicken Eggs, Freeze Dried Chicken, Freeze Dried Turkey, Freeze Dried Turkey Liver, Freeze Dried Turkey Hearts, Ground Chicken Bone, Butternut Squash, Broccoli, Lettuce, Spinach, Salmon Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Parsley, Honey, Blueberries, Alfalfa Sprouts, Persimmons, Olive Oil, Duck Eggs, Pheasant Eggs, Quail Eggs, Rosemary Extract, Sage, Clove
Thanks

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 10-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

I love Instinct. If I could get the rabbit I would still be feeding it. I can't feed 42% protein.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 10-18-2008, 04:13 PM
But please, call me Barb

Very nice food, it was on my next list if Nature's Logic didn't work out for Dante
Old 10-23-2008, 02:14 AM
Puppy Dog

Thor has been on it for a month and is doing great It's a fine food for your Dog. I would love to try the Rabbit Since, Thor loves Rabbits Canned and running in the field LOL but never in stock at the stores I shop So he's only had the Chicken flavored so far
Old 10-23-2008, 03:49 AM
Top Dog

i havent tried giving it to my dogs...
Old 10-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk666 View Post
Thor has been on it for a month and is doing great It's a fine food for your Dog. I would love to try the Rabbit Since, Thor loves Rabbits Canned and running in the field LOL but never in stock at the stores I shop So he's only had the Chicken flavored so far
Supposedly they're not making the rabbit right now -- I was told they were having trouble getting the rabbits

It's said to be coming back out maybe over the winter.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 10-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Puppy Dog

Has the Canidae canned formula changed as well as the dry?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Big Dog

I love NV Instinct. I am not feeding it now but have really been happy with it in the past.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Aging Canine Advocate

ditto the above post. Not feeding it now, but used to get it free when I worked at the pet store (or super cheap) and I LOVED it! Dogs did quite well on it, too, which was surprising at the time, because they were going through a phase where anything really good (and probiotics) really upset their stomachs.
Popper's Agility T-Shirts - dog agility, flyball, disc dog, and other dog sports, including breed specific gifts.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:15 AM
Puppy Dog

My dogs love Instinct. I rotate the chicken along with EVO, Innova, and Prarie. I've tried the rabbit, but I've never seen dogs turn their nose up to a food like they did that. One thing I noticed lately is that one of my female min pins tends to be a pound or two overweight, and tends to be lazy, we kept her away from the Instinct for fear that the high protien would make her balloon. We ran out of Prarie and started feeding her Instinct, and all of a sudden she was a bundle of energy, and very playful, and lost that pound of excess weight (a pound is a lot for a 12 pound dog...lol.)

Anyway, from now on, she gets EVO and Instinct just like the rest of them. I never feed just one food, I don't like the idea of the dogs getting stuck and ending up unable to eat anything else.