Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Lab Love

Default What do you guys think of this breeder?

No, I'm not getting a pit bull. I found him via a ad on kijiji (basically like craigslist) However, with all the razor edge hippos on kijiji this guy is a refreshment..

www.sinnomacoastkennel.com

I like his female China.. love the ears! Never was a fan of pit bulls getting their ears cropped.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 10-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Top Dog

Lovely Mom !!! I just wonder why they are still available at that age .........not impressed with her using a plastic pool for the whelp !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Twin 2.0

...eh. Decent enough, I guess. Very heavy on the Razor's Edge lines though and it shows, IMO. They do seem to be trying very hard, which is nice.

Who needs sleep?

CrazyDog Photography CrazyDog on Facebook
Scent Sweet Home--Scentsy Wickless Candles Follow me!-Fall/Winter 2013 catalogs available!
Have Aussie, Will Travel--A Blog updated 5/26/12

Thanks Alliemackie!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Top Dog

I like everything they do, they work, they show, they health test (and are honest, I saw one dog with fair hips, so they are not only showing results on excellent dogs) almost all dogs have their CGC. I do have to agree that I don't love the looks of some of the dogs, they seem kinda "big" if you know what i mean (at least the males) but nothing I'm appalled at (not that I know much about APBT conformation) like big bowed legs or their chest being no further off the ground than a can of soda, OR them being the size of a large breed dog.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

Something about their build just looks . . . odd to me. But I'm no expert. They're doing CERF and OFA testing, though, which is great. I love China's ears.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

China is so pretty!!! It sucks about their other female who got the ear infection.

First thing that jumped out at me is they are very honest. That's good to see.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Oh, it's *you*

plastic pools are used by many breeders, I have used one myself...they are handy, cheap and work well to prevent squishing...the graduated sides are really top notch for that purpose. In short...don't knock it too hard...lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 10-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Top Dog

Sorry to say that a litter Bubba sired used one and the pick of the litter was squished . I warned her , but she thought it was safe . Whelping pens need roll bars !!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Oh, it's *you*

and I lost 2 pups in a pen with bars Grammy...so I guess that'd be even. Point is...you watch your bitch and you don't allow a pen to give you a false sense of security.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Top Dog

The dogs are still RE dogs. No matter what, Dave Wilson (the founder), said in his own words that the RE line was developed by crossing the APBT with other breeds. So now matter what they look like, it's what they really are...and are not...that matters.

Eh, many of the dogs on the ancestor's page make me wanna pukie. Here's the deal: If you have an APBT and in that 7-generation pedigree you have 3 dogs that are [English] Bulldog or Neo Mastiff mixes, is your dog still an "APBT"?

I think it's great they are showing the dogs. But showing doesn't equal breeding rights. And personally, I'm not a fan of breeding a dog with "fair" hips...especially when chances are the other dog has not been OFA'd. In fact, if I had the perfect working dog who had fair hips, I would ONLY breed to a dog with excellent hips and I'd be culling hard.

But if you're asking for opinions, they are much better than the average breeder, but no, it's not someone I would ever get a dog from.

(& I'm not even going to comment on that asinine $1,000 stud fee when the dog has proven nothing to me)