The Official Secret Santa Sign-up Thread!
THE OFFICIAL CHAZHOUND 2008 SECRET SANTA SWAP!
Okay guys - this is how it's going to work!
The Chazhound Secret Santa 2008 rules are:
- You MUST have been a participating member to the Chazhound forums by September 25th, 2008. (Not sure when you signed up? Click on your name at the top right where it says "Welcome, $username." In the box that reads Mini Statistics, you will see your Join Date listed.)
- One box per household - no matter how many dogs per household or the giving spirit of the sender.
- Within each box, sender will stuff a MINIMUM of $10 of doggie goodies. There is no enforced maximum, but a suggested maximum of $25. (The swaps are mainly for exchanging doggie goodies. If you'd like to send along something for your human swap partner, feel free!)
- For all boxes being swapped within the US, senders are required to purchase Delivery Confirmation for their boxes. This is pretty cheap - less than $1 - and will help you in case your box goes missing after it is sent.
- For all senders outside of the US or for US senders sending out of the US, tracking and delivery confirmation is not always avaliable. It is therefore not required. If you can get some kind of tracking on your box, however, it is greatly encouraged!
- You will be asked if you are willing to ship overseas or across the border. If you are willing to ship overseas, GREAT, but we will still try our hardest to match you to someone in your area to help you cut down on shipping costs! (There is also a "notes" field where you can say if you would actually PREFER to ship overseas, as I know that was expressed.)
- Sign up deadline is midnight on November 1st, 2008.
- You will recieve your swap partner's information by November 8th, 2008.
- We suggest shipping out boxes the first week of December. Deadline for shipping out boxes is December 13th, 2008.
IF YOU WANT TO JOIN...
Post here in this thread "I want to join!"
After you have posted, you will be PMed a link to a form. This form will ask you for all of your information and it will be e-mailed to MisssAshby and myself. (We decided to do it via a form and e-mail rather than PM in case of a crash of the forum or another forum reset, so the info would all be stored somewhere safe.)
Fill out the form as best you can. The only info REQUIRED to be filled in is your name, forum username, dog's name(s), and complete address.
Again - SIGN UPS MUST BE COMPLETED BY MIDNIGHT, NOVEMBER 3RD, 2008. That means you need to have posted AND filled in the form by that time, not just posted. That deadline is TWO WEEKS from today... you have plenty of time!
After sign ups are complete, there will be another thread created where swappers can list their wishlists and "can not have" lists, sizes for t-shirts, collars, harnesses, leashes, so on and so forth. You can put as little or as much info in the wishlist thread as you'd like - in fact, you are NOT required to put ANY amount of information in the wishlist thread at all, but it may be helpful for your swap partner!
And please, if your dog has an allergy, please please post at least that information to the wishlist thread!!
You will get your swap partner's name in a PM from myself or MisssAshby by November 8th. That gives you a good month to go shopping! If you want to order anything online for your swap partner, please do it early to give yourself enough time to recieve the item and then send your gift box out by the deadline.
Again, SHIPPING DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 13TH, 2008! That is the second Saturday of December. Please do what you can to get your items out within the first week of December... we'd like people to get their gifts in time for the winter holidays!
I think that is everything... if you have other questions, feel free to drop me a PM so we can answer your questions or I can update this post with additional information. =>
Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ NF CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog