Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Your Mom

Well if it DID take, is it a breeding you were planning on anyway in the future?

Oldham's Goddess of War CGC, PSA1, CL1-F "Teeny"
Connors' Baloo CGC, TT "Blue"
Old 10-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Top Dog

I won't even go there ! Breeding is a serious thing . Right time , all testings and right breeding .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisMorphine View Post
Well if it DID take, is it a breeding you were planning on anyway in the future?
It has always been my intention to breed her to him, as long as everything was in place and ok etc.

You ALWAYS here of accidental breedings from other breeders, the more you show and have a network of breeders the more you here of it. And I am not talking about byb's here on any level, people that invest a ton into their dogs by proving them and doing all the health clearances etc.

In the last 24 hrs, I have been told about 3!! One breeder told me directly of the litter they have on the ground at this time.

I went to lunch today with a friend, she told me about her friend (someone I have met and know by rep mainly) has 2 at this time, first time that has happened in over 20 yrs as a breeder, btw their a vet as well.

It's a hard line to walk, if you breed a lot (even when showing and testing) and have a lovely set up where the dogs are kenneled, folks (myself included) don't like the fact that the dogs are not living in the house etc.
On the other hand, if you have a couple of girls and a stud dog, prove the dogs, do the testing, don't have kennels but live with your dogs your are certainly raising the risk level of having an accidental breeding..............especially when you don't breed very often. Would be pretty easy on the stud dog and eveyone else if you bred each bitch every other time and had them rotate......but I don't breed much. I breed for myself first and foremost, I don't move on older and retired dogs to make room for a 'new' dog. I try very hard not to add to the dog over population problem. I try to keep my number of dogs to a reasonable level of 5-6 dogs.......doesn't leave me much room to play with when I want to preserve my lines and what they have to offer to my breed.

Who knows, I too have heard of the amazing dog/s that were the product of an accidental breeding.
Sh*t happens its not the end of the world, as least not yet
Old 10-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Top Dog

Hoping everything turns out alright.

And well, come to think of it, I know a lot of decent humans who were the result of an accidental breeding.

My mom just hates it when I bring it up.

Reward the good, ignore the bad, and always remember to duck during the temper tantrums!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" Albert Einstein

Here's to you, Jane Goodall. So much insight into the mind of a species from someone who's never trained a single chimp.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
Hoping everything turns out alright.

And well, come to think of it, I know a lot of decent humans who were the result of an accidental breeding.

My mom just hates it when I bring it up.
Thanks.
I can just picture her face if you called it an accidental breeding.

you could get a lot of mileage out of that one........... Nothing better than giving someone the gears in fun.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Top Dog

I would say that at this point you aren't upset . Good luck .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-26-2008, 03:08 AM
Dafuq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
Who knows, I too have heard of the amazing dog/s that were the product of an accidental breeding.
Agree. We've got one here.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 10-26-2008, 10:22 AM
Tweleve Enthusiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
Sh*t happens its not the end of the world, as least not yet
Very true. There's a difference between being responsible and having an accident even though you tried to prevent it and being irresponsible. Don't beat yourself up.

If she is pregnant, I hope she produces the awesomest puppies!

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Just try me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
The rule is when a female is in heat you need to watch 24/7 . My " whoops " happened under the care of a dog watcher . I had to abort because I never knew if it Bitch to Father or Son . A very sad , expensive issue that I've never gotten over even though it's been years . Thankfully by vet agreed with my decision .
You know its physically impossible for people to watch 24/7. Heck you might have to go to the bathroom LOL! Sleep is important too. I suppose you could hire people.. but that would cost sooo much money that pups would be ridiculously expensive.

Personally I don't think I would put my dog at risk (I personally know of a dog who died due to a c section) because the timing is bad. I can see if it was parents who should not be bred, but not cause the timing is off, the bitch's life (at least in my opinion) is more important that that.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
I won't even go there ! Breeding is a serious thing . Right time , all testings and right breeding .
Oh please do go there. You seem to be pointing some fingers at me with several responses and I would like to give you a chance to clarify before I respond.