Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Dafuq?

It happens to the best of us. Sometimes you just can't predict the lengths that dogs will go to in order to perpetuate their genes.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 10-24-2008, 05:40 PM
<----Thanks Allie

I hope she's not pregnant... but if she is... I hope things go well with the litter.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
The 'morning after' shot is a chemical abortion and from what I know it comes at a high risk of really messing up the reproductive health of the bitch. But I don't know why or any specific details.
Many vets will no longer do it (& actually refuse to carry it). I've seen the shot result in the death of the bitch just as often as it was affective in an abortion. Not to mention that many ended up with emergency spays due to complications as well.

It sucks, but just from what I know of you on here, all will be ok.

And if it makes you feel any better, I actually thought I was safe putting 1 of my bitches out with a neutered male that she got along famously with. Well, they ended up in a tie. I have never in my life seen a neutered male "go all the way." But they, they have needs too.........
Old 10-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Top Dog

If you don't want the litter , please ask your vet about a CS abortion .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd View Post
If you don't want the litter , please ask your vet about a CS abortion .
Granted the breeding wasn't planned BUT if she did take, then I'll let her have them. Yes it is earlier than what I planned but at 18 months although not ideal it isn't like she is under or at a year.
I don't want to put her at risk for a C, if there is no reason why she can't have them.
Not to mention that I have just gotten back to work from being off for over a year from being ill. I don't have the money for a C, which I know costs about $750 + here. Much cheaper to do some genetic and health testing on her and then save money for the whelping.

But that being said, I really am hoping that she wasn't ovulating and it doesn't take. I did check her this morning and her vulva wasn't swollen and she had no visiable discharge.......if I am lucky she is just a little tramp

Thanks guys for not flaming and being understanding.........lol I told my hub although not impressed he at least wasn't upset or mad.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh, it's *you*

You could test her progestrone...should tell you something about where she was in her cycle...no? Or a cytology smear.

eta: this is why I don't keep boys here, lol. Hope it all works out for ya!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryngwraythbeagles/
Old 10-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Top Dog

I hope all works out for you. Its reading things like this that make me think when I do bring a girl into the house with in 6 months Ivan will be going in to be snipped. Because accidents do happen, and well quite frankly I'm not sure if my darn kids would be pay enough attention that having two intact dogs of different sexes require.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Just try me..

Ack! Wow Bobbi is a determined boy!!! I hope Kiya (sp?) is ok and not preggo.

These things can happen, I have heard some oops turning out produce some awesome litters (only from good breeders who have great dogs to have oops with ) I know you take lots of precautions and are careful so don't feel bad.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Dafuq?

I just read about another oops today. APBTs. Wife let male dog out to potty in the front yard and lost track of him somehow. Turns out he went around the side of the house, broke through the gate, nailed female in heat in the back yard. Please, oh please, don't let the oops bug find me. Terra should be coming in heat next month.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 10-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Top Dog

The rule is when a female is in heat you need to watch 24/7 . My " whoops " happened under the care of a dog watcher . I had to abort because I never knew if it Bitch to Father or Son . A very sad , expensive issue that I've never gotten over even though it's been years . Thankfully by vet agreed with my decision .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/