Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 10-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Chicken View Post
She does?!

I'm packing my stuff now, I'll be over shortly Pdub.

Don't worry, you can put me to work shootin' those bunnies.
Sure, why not. She murders innocent little animals. Tasty tasty animals.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Well, now you LIVE in a slaughterhouse MUAHAHAHAAAA! *cue scary music*
ROFL!!
That's right, I decorate with freezer hooks and butcher's knives

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I don't see anything at all wrong with taking pictures of animals... even if they're doomed to die. My friend had a lamb that they got for the purpose of slaughtering for meat. I loved taking pictures of him and got some good ones at that. Don't see anything wrong with it... though he may not have appreciated it as he tried to steal my camera from me lol. I did end up eating him along with the rest of her family when the time came... didn't bother me because well... that was his purpose there and I knew not to get attached since I knew I'd eventually see him on a plate before me. Circle of life...
Old 10-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

I DO have right to tell her I find that sad.

I have yet to see any pictures anyone posted of their dogs kibble.

Would you take pictures of dying people in nursing homes and post them online? Why not..they are going to die.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Water Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
And I will be taking pictures of the lambs at his farm before they are slaughtered. I really don't see anything wrong with that. It is a picture.
I wanna see! Sheepies are cool

Anywho, cuties!

I, too, don't see anything wrong with it

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 10-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
I DO have right to tell her I find that sad.

I have yet to see any pictures anyone posted of their dogs kibble.

Would you take pictures of dying people in nursing homes and post them online? Why not..they are going to die.
I have, although it was mostly obscured by his face. I have also seen many pictures of kibble and chew toys.

And it's absurd to tell her it's horrible and sad. WHY? Why is it horrible and sad? Why do you have such a problem with it? Frankly you're coming off as a nutty vegetarian who objects to anything related to meat.

As to the nursing home thing? If I had the peoples' permission to post their pictures on the web, wgain, why not? That said it's a bit of a different issue, as it is far more socially-acceptable to post pictures of animals but it is considered rude to post pictures of people without their permission.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I'm a vegetarian and although I am positive I would get wayyy too attached if I were raising a baby chick, I don't think it's wrong for Lauren or anybody to raise a chick for food and *gasp* post pictures of it.
The main reason I don't eat meat is because of the cruelties of factory farming. It doesn't sound at all like this chick is going to be mistreated in any way. It's probably like staying at the Mirage in Vegas versus in a prison.
I find it highly hypocritical of people to eat meat off a shelf or feed their dogs any meat in kibble, then turn around and say it's cruel for someone to raise the food themselves. The chick being raised by Lauren is NOT suffering the same cruelty that the chicken you pull off the shelves at the grocery stores may have.
I don't eat meat, but I will not deprive my dogs of their natural diet, when they have no choice in the matter. How is the raw food I feed them any better than this chicken Lauren's corgis will eat? It's not.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Top Dog

I don't think I am at all. Considering I feed my dogs meat, and I am not trying to convert anyone.Simply stating I find it sad.

Would you be so supportive if someone from a country where they eat dogs, posted pictures of their dog they plan on killing and eating?

I hope not.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101 View Post
Nobody said anything about not feeding it to your dogs cause its cruel (I myself am a vegetarian but I would never feed my dogs a vegetarian diet like some people do). My point was, WHY post pictures? How sad is that? Would you go to a slaughter house and take pictures of the animals before they were going to die and be people food? Snake people do that, and It sickens me.

This is just my opinion, and I do have the right to it.
Well, I guess I am just a sick snake person then.

When you are raising an animal for food, it is livestock. That doesn't mean you can't appreciate it for what it is, a beautiful animal. That doesn't mean you can't breed for health, interesting colors, temperament, and good looks. That doesn't mean you can't get attached to your breeding stock.

Most "Snake people" that raise their own rodents get really into it, because you are embarking on a livestock breeding project that spans many many generations. There are a lot of awesome genetics to play with, and yes, us disgusting snake people *gasp* enojy our rodents. We enjoy sharing them with other snake people, who appreciate good looking rodents. We like seeing what pretty colors are born, and believe it or not when an exceptionally friendly or beautiful one is born it is kept back for breeding stock, and sometimes petted out. I think it's great that these people who enjoy breeding and producing interesting rodents also have a way to humanely cull their extras without wasting them. When someone has a colony that is 20+ generations of their own breedings, I can definitely see where they would be excited to share it with others.

I'm sorry that you are sickened by people enjoying an animal while it is here on earth, before it is humanely dispatched to fulfill it's purpose of sustaining another life. I personally appreciate them and like seeing people's breeding projects, and I appreciate the animals who give their lives so we and our pets can eat.

IMHO, it is dishonoring their memory to pretend they don't exist. To pretend that their flesh magically appeared out of some wizard's wand, and that no loss of life was involved. It's disappointing how disconnected people are from their and their pet's food. If they weren't so disconnected, perhaps the factory farmed animals would have a better quality of life.

And PWCorgi, your chicken is cute. Thanks for posting pics.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Angel Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Well, I guess I am just a sick snake person then.

When you are raising an animal for food, it is livestock. That doesn't mean you can't appreciate it for what it is, a beautiful animal. That doesn't mean you can't breed for health, interesting colors, temperament, and good looks. That doesn't mean you can't get attached to your breeding stock.

Most "Snake people" that raise their own rodents get really into it, because you are embarking on a livestock breeding project that spans many many generations. There are a lot of awesome genetics to play with, and yes, us disgusting snake people *gasp* enojy our rodents. We enjoy sharing them with other snake people, who appreciate good looking rodents. We like seeing what pretty colors are born, and believe it or not when an exceptionally friendly or beautiful one is born it is kept back for breeding stock, and sometimes petted out. I think it's great that these people who enjoy breeding and producing interesting rodents also have a way to humanely cull their extras without wasting them. When someone has a colony that is 20+ generations of their own breedings, I can definitely see where they would be excited to share it with others.

I'm sorry that you are sickened by people enjoying an animal while it is here on earth, before it is humanely dispatched to fulfill it's purpose of sustaining another life. I personally appreciate them and like seeing people's breeding projects, and I appreciate the animals who give their lives so we and our pets can eat.

IMHO, it is dishonoring their memory to pretend they don't exist. To pretend that their flesh magically appeared out of some wizard's wand, and that no loss of life was involved. It's disappointing how disconnected people are from their and their pet's food.

And PWCorgi, your chicken is cute. Thanks for posting pics.
This deserves a