Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 10-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Top Dog

Well, I'm not sure she has eaten much more than 2 cups of either of the other foods in total in a week. She wasn't diggin'em for some reason unless they were doctored up. I would rather not get into that again. It could have been the hotdogs too. The hotdogs are out now and I'm about to get stingy on the treats. If she can tolerate Innova Puppy, that will be her food to the next 6 months. I'm prepared to add some pumpkin if she has a problem and add some water if she likes it better but past that, I'm done.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Top Dog

Wait - she's on her third brand of food in two weeks?

THAT could be your problem.

Sometimes dogs have to get used to a new brand of food. Sometimes switching foods too quickly (most people recommend spending 1-2 weeks gradually switching foods) will make dogs sick. Try sticking with the same food for at LEAST a week or two, and see if she starts liking it better.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:54 AM
Top Dog

She is eating the Innova Puppy now very well, I give her 3/4 cup 2x a day. The first couple of days her stools were a little loose so I added the 1 tsp. of canned pumpkin to each feeding. It was never diarrhea at any time, just not that firm. That pumpkin seems to have solved the problem but it took a day or two for the pumpkin to take effect. I still add a dash of garlic powder and a splash of water and she cleans her plate. If that is enough food per day is only a guess but her tolerance and taste issues seems to be resolved.