Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 10-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Top Dog

Default Should I Say Something?

I have an issue regarding a coworker. She is young, and is about to aquire two roommates. Coworker has a very high (95% or something) percentage female wolf-dog, who is very submissive.
Roomate has a gamebred female Pit who is known to be female DA. There is also a third male dog belonging to roomate. Male dog is neutered, Wolfdog is not fixed, don't know about the Pit.
Roomate now wants to add another fairly high percentage wolfdog male. This seems like a recipe for disaster to me, since everyone involved seems to think it will all work out ok. The place is very small, so the dogs will be together most of the time, or out in a fenced yard together. I am not particularly close to coworker, though we do get along.
Should I say something, or keep my mouth shut? If I should say something, what?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

Ummmm.......that's not a recipe for just a disaster, that's a recipe for something equivalent to a nuclear explosion.

I would most defnitely speak up!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

Me too !!!!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 10-18-2008, 03:43 PM
But please, call me Barb

I would say something, just the thought of bringing any female in with another female that is known to be female aggressive is insane.
There will be bites, injured dogs and more strikes against breeds because of stupid people
Old 10-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Felurian

Wolfdog breeders are SO shady . . . the potential for horrible temperament is exponential.

The other side of the coin is if the wolfdogs formed a pack - that wouldn't bode well for the other two at all, or for the owner under the wrong circumstances.

And then . . . even if the other three possibly got along easily . . . well . . . I can tell you from firsthand experience that one little Pit Dog can be an exemplary instigator and can stir things up in a heartbeat, just for sh1ts and giggles. I'd never, ever throw Tallulah into a situation like that. She does beautifully with Bimmer and Kharma, but those two are an entirely different dynamic than the one you're describing, and Bimmer raised Kharma, plus there is only ONE human in the equation.

That whole thing just sounds like a bloodbath looking for the perfect opportunity to happen.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 10-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Bored Now.

I'm agreeing, and upping Renee's "bloodbath" to "smatters of organs on the walls."

That sounds scary as sh!t to me, and if the people involved have no idea that there could be problems, that tells me they are NOWHERE near ready to handle that sort of situation with crate/rotate.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Top Dog

Are they insane?!?

Yes, you should say something.
If you don't and something happens, you will feel bad ... you're worried enough to post about it here after all. If you say something, and they don't listen and go ahead with their insane plan ... well, at least you tried.

But I sure hope they listen!!
Old 10-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

Definitely speak up on the matter. This is a volcano erupting before it evens smolders. Make them understand that this is asking for trouble and they could be facing damages on top of everything else. I certainly wouldn't want to walk in to a bloodbath that is sure to happen.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Wolfdog breeders are SO shady . . . the potential for horrible temperament is exponential.
Hmmm.......I wonder what the Liger market would be like. Want one?
Old 10-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Top Dog

These dogs MAY get along .....I would talk to her about what could happen and before plans are firmed up , make sure that all dogs meet in neutral area separately until they all know each other . I realize ( through Chaz ) that I have been anti many breeds and mixed breeds . Many here have proven me wrong . I was brought into this world with a GS/wolf mix .....he was my Nanny dog . I never trusted pit mixes or pure breds until Chaz . This will be interesting to follow .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/